What Did You do With Your Tank Today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Today I bought a large piece of black posterboard, cut it down to size, and taped it to the back of the tank to serve as a background. It looks awesome, and really shows off the silver on my Silvertip Tetras. And I saved about $7.50 by making it myself, and not buying a pre-made background.

Today i bought a nice big colony of green and red mushrooms they look super cool! Then i bought some mysis shrimp and alk buffer

DoubleA said:
Removed all the fish that came with my 46Gal. except for the Powder Blue, and put them in a separate 40gal. tank, as they all were hybrids. And i didn't have the heart to put them down, so my roommate said he would take them in. My Powder Blue will be moved along with my Kenyi to a temporary 20Gal. home.
So now my 46 gal. bowfront is a species-only Labidochromis caeruleus (Electric Yellow) tank. Thinking about trying my hand at breeding them :p

You want to breed fish but you would put others down?

Water changes tonight :) had a lil helper! I love when my kids take interest in the fish :D

Attachments

• image-267892163.jpg
    image-267892163.jpg
    131.7 KB · Views: 70
Last edited:
Originally Posted by DoubleA
Removed all the fish that came with my 46Gal. except for the Powder Blue, and put them in a separate 40gal. tank, as they all were hybrids. And i didn't have the heart to put them down, so my roommate said he would take them in. My Powder Blue will be moved along with my Kenyi to a temporary 20Gal. home.
So now my 46 gal. bowfront is a species-only Labidochromis caeruleus (Electric Yellow) tank. Thinking about trying my hand at breeding them :p

Well, that makes more sense, as the context of "what was suggested to me" was entirely left out. I read it as the act of "putting them down" was an option. As you were. :cool:

Water changes:

29 FW 50% (needed it)
150 FW 25%

Glad to report every fish is now settled in and happy.

Soaked driftwood added to 150.

Plant order placed.

Today I took ownership of my sister's 5 gallon betta tank. She had basically neglected it. I did an 80% water change. I will probably have to do large water changes like that for a few days in a row. There is tons of crap in there.

I did a very small water change for my 30 gallon. (I changed about 2.5 gallons) I really didn't need to change any water, my parameters were perfect and I had done a 90% wc two days ago, but the fish poop on the sand was bothering me.

I also placed an order for some plants and some more fish.

Tore down my tank, scrubbed off the few algae spots that were on it.
Painted the back of my tank black. Removed the gravel and replaced it with eggcrate and about 80-90 lbs. of pool filter sand. This included about a 90% water change.
So far my cichlids are LOVING the sand, dancing around and digging in it.
Not to mention the difference in all-around appearance is incredible! Makes the colors of the fish really pop! I'll post some pictures after I finish getting everything back together :D

Fished out the remains of a leporinus that I just bought yesterday for mom's 55. Somebody didn't like him. There's already two in there with silver dollar and balas.

Oops.

Cleaned out my 5 gallon and refilled it with clean water, then put my marbled crayfish back. I'm pissed at her right now, I think she ate my beautiful longfin albino Pleco during her stint in my 56 gallon. I'm hoping she's just hiding and will pop up again soon, but I've looked pretty much everywhere. She was pretty much the smallest, daintiest fish in the tank, so I'm sure she was fairly easy prey. Her tail was snipped off earlier in the week, and the cray had snipped a few fins in her week in the big tank. Ugh.

Alyxx said:
Cleaned out my 5 gallon and refilled it with clean water, then put my marbled crayfish back. I'm pissed at her right now, I think she ate my beautiful longfin albino Pleco during her stint in my 56 gallon. I'm hoping she's just hiding and will pop up again soon, but I've looked pretty much everywhere. She was pretty much the smallest, daintiest fish in the tank, so I'm sure she was fairly easy prey. Her tail was snipped off earlier in the week, and the cray had snipped a few fins in her week in the big tank. Ugh.

That is no good. Back to solitary confinement.

Fished out the remains of a leporinus that I just bought yesterday for mom's 55. Somebody didn't like him. There's already two in there with silver dollar and balas.

Oops.

Ouch. I am sorry that happened. You just never know. :banghead:

Started a batch of brine shrimp.

Got the Aqua Planner app for iPhone, entered info from notebook. Very interesting how it graphs water test info.

Pwc and gravel vaced the 10&29. haven't did a gravel vac in a few weeks, boy I forgot how smelly all that crud is. Also trimmed plants.

Same as every day, 10 gallon water change (220g tank), added ferts, tested water, tidied up plants, checked to see how the angelfish pair was doing with their eggs (day 2). New pair so kind of expect the eggs to be gone by morning. Then did the same on the other smaller tanks. But hate to admit, the big tank is my favorite so always gets that little extra bit of attention.

Got my glass lids for new shrimp tank, Put some pieces of DW in our pond to soak. Working on my order for Eco-complete and a few other things. Got my titanium heater in today. Watched my new rainbows spawn (and the pictus eat the eggs) Counted 3 batches of bolivian ram eggs, 1 batch of GBR eggs, 1 batch of albino BN pleco eggs, 1 batch of angelfish eggs and 1 batch of firemouth eggs.

I'm going to be a grandma to the Nth power if they all hatch.

Back
Top Bottom