Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Aquaria Off-Topic

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 02-19-2014, 12:26 AM   #6141
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

Send a message via Skype™ to sjonesej0
The theory was cool, the practice was infuriating. But in lieu of that, I am happy now with my new tank. Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1392784000.661068.jpg
Views:	83
Size:	216.7 KB
ID:	223527

Old 02-19-2014, 12:29 AM   #6142
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjonesej0 View Post
The theory was cool, the practice was infuriating. But in lieu of that, I am happy now with my new tank.
Very nice tank. What size? What stock?

Old 02-19-2014, 12:34 AM   #6143
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

Send a message via Skype™ to sjonesej0
It's a 6 gallon. Fluval Edge with a fiddler crab named Squishy whose really a demigod, 2 neon Tetras that I haven't decided if I like yet, and a white Molly that I bought to replace my old fish Apricot. Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1392784422.868214.jpg
Views:	78
Size:	218.2 KB
ID:	223528
Old 02-19-2014, 03:58 AM   #6144
Aquarium Advice Addict
Community Moderator

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

Changed my QT 70% pwc, moved the Metae Cories to the 16G, didn't lose any more Glowlights. Feeling a little better about that.

New to FW fish? Need some info on keeping fish?
Start here - Aquarium Advice Article http://www.aquariumadvice.com/guide-...ater-aquarium/

Community Rules
http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums...ork&page=rules

FW - 72G / 12G Edge/11.4G Mr Aqua Rimless
SW - Nano 6.6G Edge - Plus a FW 46G bowfront (QT)
Autumnsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 06:11 AM   #6145
Aquarium Advice Freak

I bought some Crypt Balansae and 6 more of my favorite fish. I have 12 Kuhli loaches now 6 will be going into the new 20g i have cycled after three weeks with seeded media squeezings. The other 6 i already have will join them when i know these guys aren't sick and i can catch them . I'll try a small hollow clay log and a stocking to trap them. I have to decide whether to move a school of neon tetras or Harlequin Rasboras in with them. Rasboras and Kuhlis tank specs match better so i'll probably go that way. Will add some shrimp later. only the kuhlis will go in today.

I was going to buy a 55g with good cannister filter, heater and dual T5 lighting for $250. Someone offered their asking price $350 after they had agreed for me to pick it up tomorrow but will only come to look at the tank on tuesday This tank had no scratches and the filter was only 4 months old and still had the receipt. Tank was only 6 months old and they upgraded. I want to steal their 150g tank as they aren't treating it right
http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums...al-292013.html
Alan79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 07:27 PM   #6146
Aquarium Advice Freak

I'm pretty pleased with how my new Kuhlis are doing in their new tank. I custom desinged this scape so it would have accessible hiding places from about 60% of the floor of the tank. I read somewhere that Kuhlis will come out more if they don't feel far from safety and i will tentatively say it is 100% true. I've had 6 kuhlis in another tank for a couple of months that are incredibly shy and have few hides. I don't see them much. The new 20g with 6 kuhli and more hides than they can use at once has 6 kuhlis swimming about in every area of the tank. Very impressed to finally see them swimming together freely in lighted conditions. Such a nice change from having to search to spot 1 or 2.
http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums...al-292013.html
Alan79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 07:33 PM   #6147
Aquarium Advice Addict

Yesterday- 75% wc on the 20g to get Trates back down to 5ppm. Cleaned the filter very well and added another piece of AC foam for more biological area. Tank is 100% clear now and ill be treating with peroxide soon to kill off the algae.

Today- picked up 150lbs. of rock for the scapegoat on my 75g. Washed em thoroughly and soaking em atm. 50% wc on the 75g because it had a nasty brown foam building up on top. I assumed it was protein layer or what not.
Old 02-21-2014, 10:40 PM   #6148
Aquarium Advice Addict

Yesterday- Returned one of my kissing gouramis to petco for adoption, kept the larger one. Picked up more frozen bloodworms.

Today-Visited a Richmond aquarium and picked up some of their (albeit expensive) house brand veggie flakes, a feeding station and some seaweed clips for the romaine. Also visited home depot and picked up most of the plumbing for my aquaponics attachment for the tropical tank. Need a valve and a check valve but we're getting there.
Old 02-22-2014, 12:39 AM   #6149
SKB
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Cried last night over my one of a kind fish I had to rehome. Cried cried. Today I stair at my tank, with my lone gold saum aka green terror and two plecos. He isn't attacking me anymore, and he's keeping the tank interesting, everything back in the tank, not dispersed through several tanks, and I realize, even though I lost some fish I could never get back, (well unless I begged heehee), I am happy with my decision. My gold saum is my dream fish and I am a Pleco lover. A sigh of relief as I get pictures of my rehomed fish doing well, and a smile on my face as I feel guilt going away.

Freshwater Newbie? Click this: http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums...um-154837.html
SKB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2014, 12:44 AM   #6150
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKB View Post
Cried last night over my one of a kind fish I had to rehome. Cried cried. Today I stair at my tank, with my lone gold saum aka green terror and two plecos. He isn't attacking me anymore, and he's keeping the tank interesting, everything back in the tank, not dispersed through several tanks, and I realize, even though I lost some fish I could never get back, (well unless I begged heehee), I am happy with my decision. My gold saum is my dream fish and I am a Pleco lover. A sigh of relief as I get pictures of my rehomed fish doing well, and a smile on my face as I feel guilt going away.
Doesn't it hurt so good to rehome a beloved fish who will do better somewhere else?

Tags
tan

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

« Fish tank | - »