What Did You do With Your Tank Today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Spent some time cleaning up the Mystery corner of my yard and got one of my SW sands dry and into a bucket (rained on it a few days back so kinda started over), waiting for the other one maybe tomorrow.

Back yard is looking nice, and there is a good spot for a little patio pond available. Narrowing it down for a Tuff Stuff 110G or a Rubbermaid 100G. Not to worry about it for now. Maybe a month.

Coveting the 300G version. Really love the 625G Tarter Round Plastic Stock Tank, 8 ft. x 2 ft. - like a wadding pool. Not going to spend $400 for it - still love it, but I sure could raise some GF in there! :)

Hoping to get the 72G water change done tomorrow.

There are a few more organizing things to get done as well. Can't believe what a mix up of stuff there is. Feel like it was all done just over a year ago. I also need to stop saving everything... aka get rid of stuff I am not using!

Starting this build since the weather is getting better here. This is where it's at right now. Got the wood off a dead tree I found in the mountains and the rock from some old landscaping in the front yard of my dad's place. The background on the tank was a giant vinyl sticker.....6 feet long. Interesting putting it on but turned out good.Resized952019041995161300.jpg

That looks great King Fisher!
Plants next. This is my father's tank I'm helping him out with. Trying to get him to pull the trigger on things without analyzing everything for weeks has become the issue. Lol.

Just getting this far took about a month. I think I have a few plants dialed in that he likes.

I'm starting to cycle a 40g breeder to quarantine his fish at my place. I'm thinking first round will be about 50 cardinal tetra.

Looks nice! A 6ft long sticker must of take some work :)
I can't say it was extremely difficult but definitely a two person job and about 45 minutes. I found that using a blow dryer lightly over it while applying helps out tremendously. And using a needle to pop small air bubbles and ironing them out took some time.

Erk, it was reading so well until lack of room :( Had some weird dream here the other night - think I was trying to clean behind tank or something but was inside the tank.

Working on a tank switch tonight...

Pic of my Thai friend
60074-albums14756-picture72065.jpg

Pic of Cray way up at the bright light top
60074-albums14756-picture72066.jpg

Last edited:
Every Sunday morning I make the little shrimp tank. I have had many orange sakura for several years . They tolerate my routine well. Some season are many shrimplets, sometimes few or none. The number remains constant.
If I have plants with algae somewhere, I put the plant pot in this tank and the algae are eaten off.

Cleaned out the filter and gravel of the 20G long Cray tank and the Thai Betta 6.5G tank too, cleaned the gravel. 30-50% pwc.

Had to use a turkey baster as my big vac is broken, and the smaller Fluval Edge version, great for the smaller tanks, is missing the sucking tube! So time consuming using a turkey baster, (insane actually, about 4-5 times more time used up) lol.

Did the worst of it, and wow, overfeeding was evident!!! Who me?!?! Babies need more food!

Found a new batch of snail Eggs from the momma Mystery snail, in the 20G long Cray tank.

The others must have hatched and been eaten by the Ghost Cray, because I can't find any babies, AND come to think of it, no Ramshorn snails either. And only a couple MTS.... a theme is apparent.

Found this little guy poking around. Ive had pond snails in the tank that ive been able to manage. I also have three mystery snails. However I never found mystery snail eggs, what do you this baby is? The shell doesnt look like pond snail and i havent had anything different other than mystery snails in the tank.

G2oyU8w.jpg

7i642Ls.jpg

Upgraded to this new auto timer, two independently controlled outlets. Seems to have recently come out for sale on Amazon because I didn't see this when I was shopping for one last fall.
Only $16, so I'll give it a shot. The one it's replacing was dual outlet but couldn't be independently programmed.

Hooked it up after a few minutes figuring out how to program it. Excited to be able to offset the CO2 and light on/off times on a single timer!

I'm kinda thinking ramshorn as well. Found another larger one today. I just have no idea where they would've come from unless i missed eggs from some plants i got.

One crazy RH snail I have in a vase made 18 snail egg masses like a green pea diameter- one dime size RH!!! I couldn't believe my eyes! That was in a ~ couple week period. Now they are beginning to hatch.

I'm kinda thinking ramshorn as well. Found another larger one today. I just have no idea where they would've come from unless i missed eggs from some plants i got.

Hi lokilow! I sent you a PM back. I only have two nerites in my tank and have never had any other snails in there before! Best of luck!

Back
Top Bottom