What Did You do With Your Tank Today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Planted my first plants today. 3 wisteria 3 water sprites and 3 that I don't remember the name of. It's the second pic. Tomorrow going to add some swords and jungle vals. Planning on rescaping when I add the other plants I just have these kinda spread out to fill in empty spaces.

Looks good. the rest of the plants will make it even better. (y)

Turned the light on for the 36gal, wondered how my zebra danio lives day to day with at least two swordtails that could easily gobble him up.
Checked the 20gal. Trimmed the water wistera thats growing like a weed.

foster53 said:
I haven't seem Momos in years. What other fish are you keeping with them? I assume it's a brackish tank.

Nope it's salt. I know about their brackish/freshwater/saltwater thing. The store had some in both of their systems, and from what i read they prefer more salt as they get older. They are loving their home.

They are very cool fish. Thats one fish I have never kept in all my years at this hobby. Are they better kept in a full marine environment? I have kept Scats before, but they were in a brackish tank, along with Orange Chromides.

Deep cleaned both filters, the one on my 29 runs like new now. Before it had so much gunk built up it was,I'm guessing, only running at 75%. Gravel vaced the 10 gallon in the process. Crossing my fingers that I don't have a Mimi-cycle.

Tank looks good Rlavassor86!

I did a 6 gallon wc on my 20G. Trimmed, snipped, moved a few things, replanted a few things. Now I'm watching my albino cories zip all over the tank. Do they ever tire?

Getting all the tanks back up and back to normal after the storm and being deployed all over the place. Got home last night and the mutual aid plan for the county has been suspended for now at least... Now it's time to work on my own stuff and be with the family.

But I wouldn't change anything and I'd do it all over again if I had too!

was wondering were you went
you guys got nailed hard
my dad still has no power he is on long island
glad you and your family are ok

Tuning the skimmer some more. Tough to get it right!
Adjusting the power heads to get better flow across the sand. Dam cyano!!!!

foster53 said:
They are very cool fish. Thats one fish I have never kept in all my years at this hobby. Are they better kept in a full marine environment? I have kept Scats before, but they were in a brackish tank, along with Orange Chromides.

From what I gather its better in the long run to be in a marine environment. As they get older and for breeding. I'm not finding a whole lot of info on them, but I'm observing them closely. They pretty much stick together and are very active

Had to replace my Fluval 306 today. The intake tube came off last week while I was out of town. That, evaporation, and he wife not knowing better, burned the pump out. On he good side, I believe I can order a rebuild kit for it, so when I get my 125, I have the extra filter I will need.

Terraphyte Tanks

Hello...

Topped off the tanks and trimmed the land plants I have emersed in my five terraphyte tanks. The land plants are doing well. Livebearers are breeding regularly and the Corydoras are really growing nicely. Some of the Emeralds are approaching 3 inches. The smaller Panda and Orange Saddle Corys are active as ever. Lots of eggs, but no little ones I can see. pH is at 7.4 as of the last test, so not optimum for them.

Plants continue to take up the ammonia and nitrites in the water. Last test, nitrates were at 10 ppm.

Water changes down from 125 gallons per week to less than 15. What a relief!

B

Today is operation fishtank: 25% water changing the 36gal, taking some water change water, dumping that into the 20gal to speed up the cycling process. Going to the LFS- looking at a new heater for the 36gal, getting some plants for the 20gal, and researching fish, to see if they'd be compatible with dwarf puffers- busy day planned!

Well not today but last night. Planted more plants and rescaped the 72 gal bow and did a 50% pwc on the 125 and did rescape. Finally happy with the 125. Now I just need to add some more cichlids. Today doing 25% pwc on the 72. Oh and added a confirmed mated pair of bolivian rams. Super excited about that. Love those fish. They've got so much personality

Attachments

• image-3409293787.jpg
    image-3409293787.jpg
    148.5 KB · Views: 64
  • image-1479700268.jpg
    image-1479700268.jpg
    138.6 KB · Views: 61
  • image-1018823645.jpg
    image-1018823645.jpg
    151.2 KB · Views: 57
foster53 said:
Looks good. the rest of the plants will make it even better. (y)

Thanks! Got more plants in this weekend and rescaped. Pretty happy with how it looks right now. Still want to add more but gonna wait and see how these ones are doing after a few weeks.

callisto9 said:
Tank looks good Rlavassor86!

I did a 6 gallon wc on my 20G. Trimmed, snipped, moved a few things, replanted a few things. Now I'm watching my albino cories zip all over the tank. Do they ever tire?

Thanks! Just can't wait to get some more plants. My corys never tire. Very amusing fish.

Speeding Cycling Process

Today is operation fishtank: 25% water changing the 36gal, taking some water change water, dumping that into the 20gal to speed up the cycling process. Going to the LFS- looking at a new heater for the 36gal, getting some plants for the 20gal, and researching fish, to see if they'd be compatible with dwarf puffers- busy day planned!

Hello in...

Possibly someone else has let you know, tranferring water from a cycled tank to a new tank won't speed cycling. Most of the good bacteria lives on surfaces inside the established tank, not much in the water.

If you really want to speed the cycling process transfer anything with a surface, like gravel, decorations, media, plants, etc.

Just a thought.

B

Back
Top Bottom