What Did You do With Your Tank Today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Did 50% water change for ich treatment, turned up the heat a bit and upped the salt. Fed the ACF some new food I made for them - everyone in the tank loves it! (apple snails, frogs and platies)

Thanks for the good wishes about the loss of the Rams.

Lookin' good Convict, stand is a nice color.

Tanks are very nice BBradbury, as always, lol.

The Rainbow Platys in QT all look great. Yesterday did pwc on the QT with the Rainbow Platys.

Did 50% pwc on the auto wrecked recovering neighbor's recovering swim bladder issue Betta. I am doing his about every 3-4 days to keep the water better.

Neighbor is coming back in about a week Fish seems almost normal now.

Started fish in cycling a little 1.5G tank for him for a new Betta, he had the tank already, added filter pad squeeze and a decoration which looks like a bubble anemone and is made from silicone so its rubbery and has tons of surface area and BB which has been in my QT for a couple months, and 1/2 tank water with two young guppies. To get it started.

He has a 2.5G with the same filter pad. The tank where the other fish passed away, so if he decides not to get another fish he can have good BB started for the present Betta in the better tank.

Since I did my sand rinse (treated water) and scape change on the Edge 6.6 tank, the water has been a tiny bit cloudy, and in this tank I have never had that - always been crystal clear. Driftwood is making it a tinge brown, so it looks awful.

I am a little stressed about it since that is where the OEBT shrimp are going. Didn't have time to get the test kit from the other house yesterday due to work, doing that in a little while. Fish are active and look fine aren't stressed looking, just me I looked stressed, lol!

Another pwc today for the Edge.

Everybody got fed and seems in good spirits.

I think BBradbury has the right idea, low light, low tech, and low maintenance. (y)

edit add:
Put up my new Fluval 110 on my 32G, it barely fit, one of the cross straps on top is at the edge of the water flow, so a little water rolls off it and makes dripping noises. Otherwise it is very quiet, can't even hear it.

Unplugged one extra air bubbler - I obviously won't need moving up to 500 gallons per hour through there, lol. I was a little scared hearing some horror stories about others with the 110.

I did a 30% water change and added prime on my 90gal Malawi tank... nitrites were a little high and my fishys seemed a little uncomfortable added a power head with a aerator to move more water and add more o2 ... They seem better..

Changed out my phosphate reducing pad and my nitrate reducing pad. I'll be glad when the purigen starts working

Added some code a cause my calcium is 380

Fed the guys some peas tonight, they go its every time. It's a blast to watch. The wife thinks I'm nuts for sitting in the kitchen pealing them.

Just laughed my bum off about a thread I just saw. I'd spoken with that person earlier. I applaud anyone who had the patience to comment on the thread that followed.

That being said I looked for my nerites and contemplated adding a cuc to my reef

Changed my elephant nose tank to sand need to arrange it not happy with the set up at the moment. Here's a before and after picture

ForumRunner_20130304_154911.jpg

ForumRunner_20130304_155410.jpg

It's a bit cloudy at the moment, going to take some more water out later and do the same tomorrow. I feel I need more sand on the right it isn't as deep is it ok to go ahead and add it tomorrow? Thanks

Changed my elephant nose tank to sand need to arrange it not happy with the set up at the moment. Here's a before and after picture

It's a bit cloudy at the moment, going to take some more water out later and do the same tomorrow. I feel I need more sand on the right it isn't as deep is it ok to go ahead and add it tomorrow? Thanks

Im loving it! I think it looks really good.

Yes, you can add more sand tomorrow.

Did a 50% change on the guppy tank and started preparing everything to ship them tomorrow.
Pulled quite a few plants to ship out today.
Did a big trim and moved trimmings into the fry tank
Pulled and culled one of my favorite betta fry, had a ton of trouble swimming to get air...not sure what was going on with that but it was going in all weekend sadly
Did w/c's on all the QT's and 26g

View attachment 156918

View attachment 156920

You will really be able to see your Elephant Nose in there now!

Yes a little more sand, maybe 1-2 cm.

You will really be able to see your Elephant Nose in there now!

Yes a little more sand, maybe 1-2 cm.

You definitely can see him! Going for more sand tomorrow morning if i have any left I'm going to add it to my bettas tank it could do with it being deeper. I'm having problems cleaning under my filter it's boxed in its the jewel rio still have gravel under they're will it be ok to leave it? Thanks

You definitely can see him! Going for more sand tomorrow morning if i have any left I'm going to add it to my bettas tank it could do with it being deeper. I'm having problems cleaning under my filter it's boxed in its the jewel rio still have gravel under they're will it be ok to leave it? Thanks

:) You can leave it until such time as the gravel pops out or you have to pull it out for cleaning. It is easy to sift with a fish net with the woven open spaces in them, the sand fall right through. I used that technique to see how many MTS were under the spot where I feed my shrimp. Less than I thought there would be!

Have a problem with my Edge 6.6 tank.

The water is foaming. Although I washed my hands and my arms before
doing the scape change and sand rinsing, there must have been some lotion residue. Now the water is creating foam. This could explain why the water isn't crystal clear.

At first I thought it was from the Stress-Coat. But this isn't like that, that is more bubbly but goes away after a day or two.

The foam is sort of dense like on a non fat latte, and sort of holds its shape.

I will be doing a 75% pwc now to see if that helps and then probably another tomorrow after work, and maybe another after that if it doesn't stop.

This is the tank the Orange Eye Blue Tigers are supposed to go into. The fish are all active and not breathing heavy and eating fine. The lotion was a natural lotion, so hopefully not toxic, I am just petrified it could have.or be killing the BB, anybody have any ideas, other than pwc's? Think I will copy this and post in FW general discussion!

I have to go to work in a little while!:blink:

I've just laid here watching my big tank. I need to do water changes all around but I've been incredibly sick for a week and I just don't have the energy. But man, just watching the fish swim around makes me feel a little bit better

Im not going to work to more n im getting my tank finally.. found a lfs nearby that does a buy 2 fish get 1 free every week on thursday im gonna check out tomorrow cant wait .. i topped of my tanks , fed them, n almost ditched a fish that wasnt dead.. one of the otos i bought was hanging sideways in a plant looked like it was dead n jist stuck there so i called the hubby to come look as he grabbed the net n brought it an inch from the fish then the lil oto moved .. lucky lil oto .. :)

Added more sand to my elephant nose tank, he's not happy with the sand lol every time he touches it with his chin he freaks! Going to clean my bettas tank and add the sand i have left as his doesn't look deep enough now :)

Added more sand to my elephant nose tank, he's not happy with the sand lol every time he touches it with his chin he freaks! Going to clean my bettas tank and add the sand i have left as his doesn't look deep enough now :)

Ah, just give it time. He'll get used to it.

Back
Top Bottom