What Did You do With Your Tank Today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Wow keeping aquariums is dangerous!!! I feel so much better knowing I am in good company!

I was packing up some shrimp to mail and as I was pouring them into the bag the plastic flap collapsed when the java moss bumped it and 23 dwarf shrimp splattered onto the kitchen floor. Only one seemed to be too dizzy to make the trip and I hear they all arrived ALIVE by some miracle. Some of them were still in the container wishing they had a little more water.

Wow! Glad to hear they made it okay! And I thought I was the only one that has gravity as an enemy lol.

When i was acclimating my fish i was pouring them in the net out of their bag n one didnt come out so i had to give it a shake n well it missed the net hit the bucket good thing it had water to cushion the blow :/ oh n i trip over my pants all the time i spill water alot too.. lol guess we are all clumsy

Checked my parameters and my nitrates were high because I was moving rock and sand around so I done a 10 gallon pwc on my reef tank

Added a Turbo snail to my tank. Its now my only inhabitant in my 120g lol. One cleaner shrimp and yellow tang, then I got a full house.

Finalized the new stock and picked one of them up he's cute. And water change on the qt. Tomorrow though yeah I'm picking a bunch of guys up for my mbuna tank so excited.

Exciting day! My discus has hidden away every time I came to feed him since I got him last saturday. Last night I walked up to the tank and he didn't hide. Then I dropped in some food and he actually swam up to it and ate it right in front of me. :D

got a call this morn my marine betta came in
time to take a ride to go check him out
the pet shop has him in QT so I can observe him over the next few days
this pet shop cracks me up they never had anyone request a QT to observe a fish for a few days they thought I was a nut :D
I explained it was so I can observe him eating and to be sure he is not going to kick off as soon as I get him home from hidden problems
the more I talk with them I find they don't really have any ideas on what to do for salt water fish so if I do get this betta it will be the last I purchase from them ..

Well yesterday my crawfish were mating , PWC on the 125g with my water changer no buckets ::dance dance:: today I get to do a PWC the old way on my 20g.. My nyererei female has been holding 30days today Im trying to wait on nature to run its course so I can see it but Im thinking I may end up having to strip her. Thats gonna be a task bc she is a fast lil booger .

Re homed my cories from my bettas tank:( i miss not seeing them already. Bought live brine shrimp for him for a treat, he's spent the last hour looking for them!

Got 10 rummy nose tetras today. This is the last of the stocking I had planned for in my 30g tetra tank four months ago. Yea! Now the advanced aquaplant culture learning begins. A whole new adventure! LOL OS.

got a call this morn my marine betta came in
time to take a ride to go check him out
the pet shop has him in QT so I can observe him over the next few days
this pet shop cracks me up they never had anyone request a QT to observe a fish for a few days they thought I was a nut :D
I explained it was so I can observe him eating and to be sure he is not going to kick off as soon as I get him home from hidden problems
the more I talk with them I find they don't really have any ideas on what to do for salt water fish so if I do get this betta it will be the last I purchase from them ..

Eeek! A place that sells marine fish and doesn't see the reasoning for QT... Scary stuff. I don't blame you for looking elsewhere. Hope he's in good shape!

It's water change day for my betta tanks, so I'm going to do my best to get it done despite what feels like a pulled muscle in my left arm. I'll be sure to grab some extra towels just in case it decides it can't hold a bucket up at a bad time.

I'd mention the name but I don't think I want to bash the store they just started salt so they just need to learn a little
got to see my fish today to find out it's covered in ick and wouldn't eat
think I may just hold out till I find me a nice healthy 2-3 inch marine betta
I am just bummed I want one so........ bad
it's not often I drop almost a C Note on a fish
so I want a nice one thats healthy

My female had her babies while we were gone a few hours tonight .. came home to her with an empty mouth an other fish with fat bellies ... i cant believe i missed it :( i couldnt catch her before work so i thought i would try when we came home tonight.. she had other plans :(

My female had her babies while we were gone a few hours tonight .. came home to her with an empty mouth an other fish with fat bellies ... i cant believe i missed it :( i couldnt catch her before work so i thought i would try when we came home tonight.. she had other plans :(

Give her 3 or 4 weeks tops, she'll hold again :) they are young & frisky! strip this time if you can! You may find some fry darting thru your rock work tho! You'd be amazed at they're will to survive!

Last edited:
I've been busy.. I've had three discus sitting in qt for 2 weeks *SURPRISE* I finally took everyone's advice and got Trooper friends. Hopefully 2weeks will be enough time because tonight I put them in his tank and have been "sweating it" ever since. Also started my planted bowl, did water changes on all my tanks except the brackish (ill get to it tomorrow) scrubbed the 20 gal and set it up (no fish yet) found a 33 gal I'm going to pick up tomorrow for my son to have free reign with. Spent too much time watching the 80 hoping everyone will get along well. (I'm still sitting in front of it) I'll probably end up switching things up in there tomorrow and I still have to "tweak" the 20 because I'm not happy with it.

I've been busy.. I've had three discus sitting in qt for 2 weeks *SURPRISE* I finally took everyone's advice and got Trooper friends. Hopefully 2weeks will be enough time because tonight I put them in his tank and have been "sweating it" ever since. Also started my planted bowl, did water changes on all my tanks except the brackish (ill get to it tomorrow) scrubbed the 20 gal and set it up (no fish yet) found a 33 gal I'm going to pick up tomorrow for my son to have free reign with. Spent too much time watching the 80 hoping everyone will get along well. (I'm still sitting in front of it) I'll probably end up switching things up in there tomorrow and I still have to "tweak" the 20 because I'm not happy with it.

Would love to see pics of your new discus :)

In our hobby, one cant sit in front of a tank for too long.

Back
Top Bottom