What Did You do With Your Tank Today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Added water to all tanks and fed all tanks.. Caught my Blues mating so I may have lil blues again in the near future ;)

Noticed another group of my africans starting their mating dance the females are almost old enough now n the 2 males are showing off full force .. no fighting thank God they just stay at opposite sides of the tank

50 % clean on my elephant nose tank, rinsed filter's. Re arranged the tank and my elephant nose has found a place to hide!

ForumRunner_20130806_185747.jpg

He's been there for two hours, i swear he thinks i can't see him lol

Today, I added three bunches of amazon sword and a small Windelov java fern. I also removed one of the fake plants, moved the two others, and did a 25 PWC. Lastly, I gave my fish a small treat of freeze-dried brine shrimp, they seem very happy today!

image-843879250.jpg

image-2664621211.jpg

image-1819707654.jpg

image-87875213.jpg

image-2226860826.jpg

I rescaped my ten gallon apistogramma agassizi tank. I added different live plants, black sand, and removed some rocks. Check out my album to see the tanks progression

every day is water change day, but picked up lawn edging today to cut out the dividers for the cave grotto for my 120. finished cutting and zip tying it all , after the dividers is siliconing the lava rock. the 2 top spaces is for my filter lift tubes.
img_2598125_0_18f2a4b1a3e805a311fbb2f84ee9af89.jpg

edit, sorry, didnt know the pic would be so big, i dont know how to shorten it. sorry

Rescaped my african cichlid tank. About to do my 10g too and add some Italian Val and crypt wendii brown. Removed a dead neon.

It died mysteriously. I started with three about a month ago, disappeared. Today I left my house for 2 hours and found it floating at the top when I returned. All params are normal. Ammonia and nitrite 0 nitrate 20. What's going on?

Bought a 29 on craigslist for 20 bucks! No extras but still pretty good I think. Then I put some sand and water in a little plastic tank(probably not even a gallon). I got a snail infestation in my shrimp tank so once the sand settles I'm gonna pull out as many as I can find. They're super tiny though! I wanted to do a water change with the shrimp too but my fat 20lbs cat won't get off my lap so that will probably end up happening tomorrow.

Though I'm slightly worried about my betta. He's been laying on his side in the corner of the tank near me. Though every few minutes he darts up, looks at me, swims up for air and goes back to laying on the bottom. I hope he's okay :(

Bought a 29 on craigslist for 20 bucks! No extras but still pretty good I think. Then I put some sand and water in a little plastic tank(probably not even a gallon). I got a snail infestation in my shrimp tank so once the sand settles I'm gonna pull out as many as I can find. They're super tiny though! I wanted to do a water change with the shrimp too but my fat 20lbs cat won't get off my lap so that will probably end up happening tomorrow.

Though I'm slightly worried about my betta. He's been laying on his side in the corner of the tank near me. Though every few minutes he darts up, looks at me, swims up for air and goes back to laying on the bottom. I hope he's okay :(

Try a sifter. I got one at the dollar store just for the fish tanks.

Look into maybe some Epsom salt treatment. You can try blanched peas. also.

You already checked your parameters. Check sooner than later, it could be too late!

He could just be resting too. Is he otherwise not acting normal?

You already checked your parameters. Check sooner than later, it could be too late!

Well I managed to get 4 snails out. The smallest is like the head of a needle. There are probably more though.

And I really wish I could check my params but my kit is still in shipping. I didn't have enough money for the ones at the stores near me. They all wanted 40 for the API master kit. I ordered one for 20 but the wait is killing me. I've been doing partial water changes once a week in each tank. I have lost a few shrimp though. I think they didn't successfully molt from what I could see.

And other than that my Betta has been mostly fine. He got trapped in a decoration a few days ago but he was fine after that. He always follows me around the tank so I'm wondering if he's just gotten used to me sitting on the couch and has decided to join me haha.

Oh, I also added Marimos to my 2 tanks today.

This is the kind of thing he's been doing. Laying in the plants and on the bottom. Though he'll dart up for air, swim around, and go back to laying somewhere...

ForumRunner_20130806_212924.jpg

I'm gonna bring a water sample over to one of my LFS tomorrow. Just in case. He's been fine until today and the other fish in the tank are acting normal.

Went to the fish store and saw some really cool glass tetras. Might look those up :) other than that added Stress Coat to my Betta Socrates tank. :) he was sick. Is doing a little but Better.

Another pwc on my bettas tank, hopefully it will help his fins heal up. Sadly re homed my bnp today:( i had her for two years I'll miss her.

Is he eating mine did that before he died... wouldnt eat or anything .. i hope you can help yours :(

Is he eating mine did that before he died... wouldnt eat or anything .. i hope you can help yours :(

I fed him two days ago I believe and he ate as usual. He always goes after the tetra flakes and spits them out before he goes for his pellets though. When I get home tonight I'm grabbing a water sample, feeding them, and going to my LFS. I really hope he's going to be alright. :(

Power went out at 7:40am and Im at work - called FPL & the bot said 1800 customers had no power & they are fixing the issues. It should be back by 9:40. They called me to updated me that half the customer had their power the other have till 11:50am.

I'm glad the wifey is at home & told her to get out the battery operated air pumps I use for fishing to keep the bait alive. To put new air hose line on & new bubble stone. 3 went in the 130g & 2 went in the 29cube. Ar 12:00 the lights went on and she counted all the little guys and everyone is alive. She said the clownfish after the power went out a few mins later were going to the surface, but none from the 130g. Crazy how fast the 29g cube can go wrong. Kudos for the wifey getting it done!!!

At the moment I'm just worrying a bit. We are having a heat wave and its really hot inside... thankfully I have few fish that don't thrive in very warm water. But I may drop some ice baggies in when I get home.

Back
Top Bottom