What Did You do With Your Tank Today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
At the moment I'm just worrying a bit. We are having a heat wave and its really hot inside... thankfully I have few fish that don't thrive in very warm water. But I may drop some ice baggies in when I get home.

Pretty dang hot indeed!!

Attachments

• image-1666900534.jpg
    image-1666900534.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 82
Rescaped my african cichlid tank. About to do my 10g too and add some Italian Val and crypt wendii brown. Removed a dead neon.

It died mysteriously. I started with three about a month ago, disappeared. Today I left my house for 2 hours and found it floating at the top when I returned. All params are normal. Ammonia and nitrite 0 nitrate 20. What's going on?

Any help?

Got to meet Alyxx today!!!! The woman. The myth. The legend!!!!!! Lol! Cool chick! Thanks for coming by!!!

Hey, thank you for all the cool stuff!

He was kind enough to send me on my way with a big bag of water lettuce, a big hunk of driftwood, and a 20 gallon long tank and stand.

Yay for having local hobbyists!

I got home from vacation to find my son's goldfish tank really cloudy and smelly. My dad was supposed to feed them so I asked how much. We give them two little pinches. My dad gave em a half a cup(of the fish food cap, it's big.) a day..

So i cleaned my son's goldfish tank :)

I got home from vacation to find my son's goldfish tank really cloudy and smelly. My dad was supposed to feed them so I asked how much. We give them two little pinches. My dad gave em a half a cup(of the fish food cap, it's big.) a day..

I worry my mom will overfeed mine when im gone on vacation too.. i have been telling her weekly im gonna leave the exact amount in a ziplock bag for each tank dont feed more then that... ill leave each bag on the tank its for.. lol dont touch anything else .. im gonna feed alil more monday then normal shes gonna feed on weds n we will be home friday or saturday i cant remember what i booked now... lol

Pwc on my 20g crawfish tank ... they are breeding like crazy this week i know i have just happened to see them like 4 times so no telling how many i havent noticed :/

Added like 5g more to the 125g water is evaporating out fast even with my ac on 65° i just added atleast 5g Monday

Pwc on 10g and 5g betta tanks ...

And watching my snails clean up food in my 55g pigs... ready to have fish in it hoping a local friends will spawn successfully soon im about to go crazy with this basically empty tank.. 2 mystery snails almost golf ball sized n 4 otos makes it look like a waste!!!! Might look for my dither fish soon to take the edge off lol

I worry my mom will overfeed mine when im gone on vacation too.. i have been telling her weekly im gonna leave the exact amount in a ziplock bag for each tank dont feed more then that... ill leave each bag on the tank its for.. lol dont touch anything else .. im gonna feed alil more monday then normal shes gonna feed on weds n we will be home friday or saturday i cant remember what i booked now... lol

Pwc on my 20g crawfish tank ... they are breeding like crazy this week i know i have just happened to see them like 4 times so no telling how many i havent noticed :/

Added like 5g more to the 125g water is evaporating out fast even with my ac on 65° i just added atleast 5g Monday

Pwc on 10g and 5g betta tanks ...

And watching my snails clean up food in my 55g pigs... ready to have fish in it hoping a local friends will spawn successfully soon im about to go crazy with this basically empty tank.. 2 mystery snails almost golf ball sized n 4 otos makes it look like a waste!!!! Might look for my dither fish soon to take the edge off lol

Someone may have already suggested it, but those little plastic cups and lids (think fast food ketchup, mustard, etc) are pretty handy for dosing out food portions. Also, HIDE the rest of the food :)

Someone may have already suggested it, but those little plastic cups and lids (think fast food ketchup, mustard, etc) are pretty handy for dosing out food portions. Also, HIDE the rest of the food :)

I was just gonna leave them for the week n she had a cow so i promised i would let her feed them 1 day..lol i thought about those containers but i already have the snack sized ziplok bags so i was just gonna do that.. hoping my new snails come in before vacation so my crawfish can just eat them...

Thanks for the suggestion though it did give me some more ideas ;)

That ALWAYS stinks!!! I don't get vacations because of that. My pretty, but very high maintenance tanks keep me 2X a day with gallon changes for fertilizing and for blackwater balance. YAY finally the 90g is back balanced and plants are taking root- and stability has been kept for 2 weeks- now I just have to get 5 more diamond tetra and 4 more blue and red Colombian tetra to add a school of 7 diamond in one 'introduction' and 5 b/r Colombian 2 weeks later... Then my Bolivian rams... I spent all day today trimming back roots and dead matter and vacuumed all tanks.

Back
Top Bottom