What Did You do With Your Tank Today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Maintenance work day on two of my tanks (40 & 20). Bought another 20 gallon long. Began the process of building a fish room. Looking at a room around 16x8. Making my build list and checking it twice. Then the conversation with the wife about how it's a good idea to have a fish room ?

So thankful I had ordered a spare O ring.....

I had problems getting my canister back together yesterday and I think I damaged it. Was leaking into its tub.

And so thankful I sit my canister in a tub too! Lol

So thankful I had ordered a spare O ring.....

I had problems getting my canister back together yesterday and I think I damaged it. Was leaking into its tub.

And so thankful I sit my canister in a tub too! Lol

So nice to hear of very good planning and outcome!

Better than my story today of mowing in the side yard bumped something which had a large colony of wasps in a nest. Backed up fast and cut my electric mower power cord. (on the positive I just bought 2 cans of wasp spray for just this occassion, and did not get stung - this time, and had just also bought a second power cord yesterday.) But in the crazed fervor of killing the wasps an all of their families in the general area :zook:...

Got wasp spray over spray that fell from the eaves, onto, and a little in, the Edge glass tank I just bought at the thrift store :facepalm:.

I used Dawn super cleaning dish soap and cleaned it really well, flushed it out about 5 times before the soap, a few times during the soap and about 7-8 times after washing it really well. About a half hour of full blast hose spraying

Fortunately (maybe) it wasn't the super stick and last for months killing them kind...:banghead:

So I am going to get ready for a trial fish tomorrow. Hopeful that it is clean now. I am feeling about 90% that the tank would be safe. Now.

A couple more rinses tomorrow with last being a Prime soak with some carbon bubbling for 24 hours. :nono: :banghead: :nono: Really want to just blame the wasps :'/ But is my really dumb fault. Stupid killer wasps. Got stung about 6 times last time I got caught out there with them. :bawl:

Never a dull moment eh?

Feeding beef heart defrosted for all the fish.

Angelfish wigglers are more starting to be swimmers today. :fish1:

Thank you. Yeah they are mean and chase you down, and are sneaky - had one come at me then as I was turning, it flew around the other direction and stung my arm farthest away!!

3 weeks ago I was bounding down the outside front stairs and one popped out and stung me. I hunted them down :)

Just looked intot he Angels tank and saw about 100+ swimmers, fed them 2 kinds of food! And the parents.

Cleaned out my boraras tank, can't wait until my plecos are big enough to sell boy are they mucky little devils! Found some of my crabs today went to shake the moss ball and off they went lol
Think I could have ich in my elephant nose tank I've noticed a couple of spots on one of the babies so I've increased temp just incase. They're all eating well and getting along great , coming up for 3wks love these guy's.

Took a day off work just to do "whatever". Spent a few hours on errands with my sidekick. Pug loves to shop.

Prepped some snails for mailing tomorrow and built insulated boxes.

Watched Khuli's for a while.

Crocheted this...IMG_1214.jpg

Crazy Snails Ladies rock!IMG_1215.jpgIMG_1216.jpg

Someday I'm gonna just sit and do nothing.

Took a day off work just to do "whatever". Spent a few hours on errands with my sidekick. Pug loves to shop.

Crocheted this...View attachment 301616

Crazy Snails Ladies rock!View attachment 301617View attachment 301618

Right now I can't believe how many things I have to do and can't get enough things done even when I am working on it a little bit hard!

Just make and sell fun looking snails in custom colors!

That is a great looking project, you just made up a snail how cool!

Shipped off snail babies this morning. Holding my breath USPS and the odds are ever in their favor.

I woke up and was wondering why one of my angels had a reddish eye and others don't. He's the oldest among the 4. So maybe others will end up like him when they grow...!

IMG_1583.jpg
IMG_1584.jpg

Did a 40% water change in my 29 and dosed a third of the weekly dose of Thrive. Trimmed some of the purple mudwort and planted the clippings. Got to scrape some of the gsa off the glass. Got to figure out if I want to start feeding the snails and my oto algae wafers or maybe zucchini

Set up the new AC 30 on my 10 gallon. Dosed it with thrive and topped off the water. Dosed ammonia to 1ppm again. Hope to get some nerites in the tank soon and might move the neons in here if the fin nipping doesn't stop in the 29. If I do move them I'll see if I can find something more compatible with the serpae's

Crocheted this...View attachment 301616

Crazy Snails Ladies rock!View attachment 301617View attachment 301618

Hey I crochet too! What pattern were the snails made with? Can you share it with me? They are awesomely cute!

I could not stand looking at the mess in the shrimp tank so I pulled out a majority of the guppy grass. Still clearing up but much better now. RCS tank done, now onto the yellow neo tank...IMG_3427.jpg

Hey I crochet too! What pattern were the snails made with? Can you share it with me? They are awesomely cute!

It's a modified version of this:

https://youtu.be/6yFnIw--Hwg

I adhoc added the skirt after it was all done. Helps it stand upright with just sc where I thought they looked best. The mouth is a few French knots and the antennae are a chain with knotted ends.

I moved three puffer eggs from the sand to a basket of moss. I think the female was upset that they were gone. This is not the first time I've seen her eggs, though, and I want them to have a better chance of success.

I took out a bunch of AR mini because it really seemed to be overtaking everything. I have it in a bucket. If you want it, send me a message and I'll send it for the price of shipping.

But I just love watching them...

Found that the little Albino BN babies are around a 1/3 inch saw a couple just hanging out in the cave with the poppa BN. I need to try and save them. What are left.

I think a few may have got out of the cave (and chomped up) because the big Angelfish were hanging around the cave a little more closely /intently, than I had ever noticed before which is what caught my attention to take a peek.

Last time (last week) I looked into the cave, couldn't see past the poppa fish.

Now I am wondering about whether I should try and sneak them into the Betta Habitat. But have seen him posture towards the snail, didn't see a bite but it is in their nature.

They are too small right now!??? Thinking, thinking, thinking...

So now I have baby fish, Am happy that they love the tank enough to do their thing, but am sad I can't save all of them.

Yeah, I am sitting here watching one of the Angelfish stalking the cave right now!!!

Gotta go see if I can save them. :/

Tested the water in the 29 to see where everything was 24hrs after the water change and dosed another 1/3 of Thrive making 2/3 for the week. Will probably hold off on the last 1/3 until the end of the week.

Started my hard scape on my 10 after collecting, testing, and cleaning some rocks this evening. Tweaked the water level in the 10 after refilling what I took out for the scape and dosed my last half of Thrive while filling. Lowered the level just a bit to increase surface agitation/movement.

Pic of the hard scape so far on the 10. Got a lot of planting to do once I can find some plants or have to trim the 29. The water is still a bit cloudy from stirring up the sand.

IMG_20170720_012812.jpg

Back
Top Bottom