What do you think?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Do you think a reptile/amphibian section should be added?

• Yes, i can only expand the site

Votes: 29 67.4%
  • No, there is no need

Votes: 14 32.6%

• Total voters

Etunes

Aquarium Advice Addict
http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums/f10/i-have-a-idea-for-the-forum-123642.html#post1053043
"I think that adding a amphibian/reptile section in the forum site. I can recall at least 3 forums lately that had to do with these. They are not far of from aquariums and fish. I mean many reptiles/amphibians need water. I was just thinking it would be nice and could expand the website quite a bit. Just a thought and i hope it will be considered and be done eventually."

Well that is what i posted in the tech support section but i thought i would make a poll for it. What do you people out there think?

I have tons of pets. I have a snake and fish and am getting a frog. So why not. I had a chameleon, that would make good conversation.

I was thinking about maybe like a little reptile/amphibian box with 2 forums. Just figured i would start giving a little. I just think it would give some spunk to the site and help more people.

yeah ive seen quite alot of posts lately that envolve reptiles/amphibians.and it would be pretty cool to expand the site a lil bit

I guess I`ll be the bad guy but I think it needs to be it`s own site. They really are not the same or even close. Their needs and feeding habits are so different. JMO sorry.

Amphibians may be able to be treated as an off shoot of a fish keeping forum, but I have to agree with Mel.
Reptiles are totally different and would probably be better in a dedicated forum setting.

I agree, and disagree.

If a lot of people are posting reptile/amphibian questions than it's a good idea to expand a bit for those users.

It's true that they require different care, but sometimes people keep fish with turtles. Also, aquatic turtles and frogs are pretty similar when it comes to a tank and water. Not to mention the fact that both animals live in aquariums, and the site IS called Aquarium Advice..

Yeah, it would seem like a little bit of an "added extra" but whats wrong with that?

Overall, I think it's a pretty good idea. This is a fish website, but it can have a little section for those users who have other pets.

Personally i dont see a problem with having a section, just 1 forum completely devoted to every exotic animal out there. So it is not the main focus of the site but gives the member something else to talk about. Thanks for your input.

EDIT: Logans mama, they put that forum up when i started this thread. It is coool to think i had a play in something here :).

Lol oh ok this thread must be older than because that has been there since I got here :p It's been a while since I have been on.... :D

Personally i dont see a problem with having a section, just 1 forum completely devoted to every exotic animal out there. So it is not the main focus of the site but gives the member something else to talk about. Thanks for your input.

EDIT: Logans mama, they put that forum up when i started this thread. It is coool to think i had a play in something here :).

+1 an exotic animal section would be sweet!

Huh. WOW I can't beleive I didnt even know that. Yeah there's a "Ponds and Amphibians" section. no repltiles, but yeah amphibians.

Ya, i was shotting for a separate section for OTHER exotic animals like i said above, then aquatic specimens like frogs/turtles/terrariums kinda thing. But the administrators said that they only found the other aquatic specimens necessary. But thats ok, its cool either way. Thanks again administrators.

When I had my freshwater tanks my fry/plant tank had a couple turtles. I'm thinking it'd be nice to have a seperate place to post pics and look for advice. (how do you breed turtles?;))

Back
Top Bottom