30 gallon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fishfanatic26

Aquarium Advice Regular
I could use some advice and plants. What should I get that's low light.

Plants:
Anubias Nana
2 sword plants
Anachris
2 crypts

Fish:
1 guppy
2 Corie's(soon to be more)
Albino bn
Gold gourami

Light: Aqueon full spectrum 17watt t8
I dose api co2 booster.
Need some advice on stocking. Thanks

Pictures

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20140820_203258.jpg
    ForumRunner_20140820_203258.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 57
  • ForumRunner_20140820_203311.jpg
    ForumRunner_20140820_203311.jpg
    67 KB · Views: 63
The Anubias will do OK with that set up. Crypts will need some ferts or root tabs and could make it. The swords need medium to high light along with a nice substrate. if you want to have those swords live you'll have to consider upgrading to a light with a higher output. A light with At least 30 watts, but even then that might not do it for the swords.

What are you looking to add for fish? Live bearers would do well. You'd have to be careful with some tetras or rasboras tho. they might nip at your Gouramis feeler things or whatever they are.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Id suggest drift wood and caves to break up lines of sight and provide some security for fish if threatened. Add more Corys and livebearers.

I am in the process of getting a light and root tabs. And have drift wood on the way. I was planning on some angels and of course more Corie's and guppies. What light would you recommend?

Aquatic Life makes great Dual T5-HO fixtures. very reliable and easy to set up. Make sure to measure the top of your tank, then select the right size. you'll also need a glass top.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom