64g Rimless, Planted Build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
As in "pulsing"? I've observed my AquaTek suddenly speed up and then back to the rate I set it. But I'm running a lower rate now (1 bps) and I don't see it happening. I did increase the working pressure from 20 psi to almost 40 psi so that may have something to do with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I have my working psi at 35. I guess pulsing. It was more so I had refilled my bubble counter last night, everything was okay this morning...then I checked it later today and most of the water was out of the bubble counter, guessing it got pushed up because the check valve was full of it. My drop checker was light green/yellow, and as I went to adjust it to lower it I couldn't get a steady stream, granted I didn't sit and watch to see if it was a pulsating pattern. After her experience with Aquatek and after reading about yours and the issues with inconsistency I've had with mine I'm thinking I'd rather just buy another one that I feel more safe with.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

I have my working psi at 35. I guess pulsing. It was more so I had refilled my bubble counter last night, everything was okay this morning...then I checked it later today and most of the water was out of the bubble counter, guessing it got pushed up because the check valve was full of it. My drop checker was light green/yellow, and as I went to adjust it to lower it I couldn't get a steady stream, granted I didn't sit and watch to see if it was a pulsating pattern. After her experience with Aquatek and after reading about yours and the issues with inconsistency I've had with mine I'm thinking I'd rather just buy another one that I feel more safe with.

Uh ohh.. I'm getting this false sense of needing a new reg:(

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Uh ohh.. I'm getting this false sense of needing a new reg:(

Since getting the GLA, I have had the best peace of mind. I have it on a digital timer (thanks Brookster123) and it works perfectly every day. I get consistent color in my DC, and the atomic diffuser makes a huge difference, too! I cannot say enough about how awesome the GLA regulator is. Amazing construction, sturdy working parts, set-it-and-forget-it reliability.

? Diana Lee ?
? the St. Augustine Redhead ?
http://floridaorchidendlers.com

Glad I just read through this. I'm ordering a regulator on the 2nd. Now I'm questioning which one to order. Time for some more research.

This also helped me. Although my project has been pushed back a lot, this could've saved me a lot of time, money and heartache.

The aquatek has been fine In all fairness.. it's just a "shiny new" thing at this point

Just curious was every ones problem with the aquatech mini or premium? Or was it both?

I think what would make the Aquatek or any regulator more efficient is a pH controller. No more staring at drop checkers and adjusting timers. Add CO2 when it needs it regardless of the light cycle. Hopefully no more pH swings.
Just a thought.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Do you have problems with those 2(eco&sand) compacting over time?

I haven't had any issues with it at all. It's always worked out well for my plants. I also have an abundance of MTS that help stir it up for me too.

Sent from my Galaxy S5 via the Aquarium Advice app.

GRRRRRRRR! How long did you have it and what went wrong? Sorry I should just re read this.

I've had issues with getting mine to give me a constant steady bubble count since day one. But kind of like Brookster said, a million other people use the Aquatek premium with no issues, it may all just be me getting worried because of this one isolated incident. I don't know if the regulator malfunctioning is what happened with Fresh's tank, and like he said for the money you'd spend on a GLA regulator just buy a pH meter and let the Aquatek spit out CO2 as quickly or slowly as it wants until it hits a certain pH and turns itself off.

Maybe this was answered in the beginning, are you transferring things from your 36 or setting up a whole new tank?

Following! Great equipment list, btw.

Thank you! Chime in if you have ideas!!

Maybe this was answered in the beginning, are you transferring things from your 36 or setting up a whole new tank?

This is going to be a whole new tank as a showcase for the living room in my new house. So, we're starting from the ground up!!

? Diana Lee ?

Thinking of hooking the CO2 regulator up to a pH controller. Thoughts?

? Diana Lee ?

What are the driving forces behind the decision?

http://www.aquariacentral.com/forums/archive/index.php/t-258054.html

I had thought of doing the same but everything I have read points towards it being completely unnecessary. With your regulator not giving you any issues and being so steady it seems more like just spending money to get the same results.

What are the driving forces behind the decision?

http://www.aquariacentral.com/forums/archive/index.php/t-258054.html

I had thought of doing the same but everything I have read points towards it being completely unnecessary. With your regulator not giving you any issues and being so steady it seems more like just spending money to get the same results.

Hmm, good to know. Thanks for the link!

? Diana Lee ?

Back
Top Bottom