A little question about cory in aquascape

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Darkfalcon

Aquarium Advice Freak
I heard that cory is not suitable for aquascape and not compatible with some other fishes (because they are aggressive??). Is that true? An explanation will be very appreciated :3

Note: I'm asking this because I'm planning to make my own aquascape and planning to add (maybe) 3 of these (3 panda cory) to my aquascape. There will be cardinals, neons (the red and black ones) and guppies inside the aquascape. There is already 1 algae eater (don't know whether it's lemon or Chinese, all I know its color is yellow) 2 RCS and a couple of small snails. I use smooth gravel too (or maybe smooth silica sand? Can't decide yet :/ ).

And for an addition, I just wanna know their normal behaviors, whether they truly are aggressive or not. Or whether they can ruin some particular plants or not.

If you have specific knowledge about cory's behavior when they're sick, please let me know by saying "If the cory is sick, he will be blablabla" or something like that.

And TIA :)

Corydoras in general are non-aggressive, social, and non-disruptive fish. Meaning, they need a good number (not kept alone) and an appropriate amount of space to keep them happy.
I would avoid Chinese algae eaters at all cost.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I have 3 pygmy albino corys. They are by far, the most active residents in the tank, swimming more nautical miles per day everyone else put together. They churn around gleefully ricocheting off any and everything, including the cichlids, as if other fish big enough to eat them are not even there.

I've got emerald cories (after taking albinos back for being too spastic) and they don't dig up anything. They get on fine with kuhli, tetra, danio, pleco, otos and snails.

How about neons??? I have a tank that has 1 male swordtail. 3 Mollys, 7 danios (they're here just for a while until their tank gets cleaned up tho I might consider them to stay in this tank but the space not big enough for them), a few shrimps, and black neons (about 10-15 of them). Here is a picture of the tank

It has sticker attached to the tank the first time I buy it. Sad I didn't remove it first before I turn this into an aquascape.

Btw, I never done aquascaping before so I avoided using moss on the stones and the wood (coz I don't know how to attach them lol). And so a good advice on what plant do u prefer and why for an aquascape might be good for my knowledge and my future tanks :D

TIA

Sent from my vivo Y28 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Attachments

• 1454526979033.jpg
    1454526979033.jpg
    71.8 KB · Views: 168
I would add water to the tank to increase the useable volume.
You can plug some numbers (size of tank, number and types of fish, filter, etc) into AqAdvisor and see how the tank is doing capacity wise.

I would add water to the tank to increase the useable volume.
You can plug some numbers (size of tank, number and types of fish, filter, etc) into AqAdvisor and see how the tank is doing capacity wise.

Ok, I'll do it right away :)

Sent from my vivo Y28 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom