Bill's 10 Gallon Cool Water Tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Sorry guys, but I like sharing pics...

Another cheesy FTS, this time with fish, and some horrible blurry pics of them... Sorry, these guys are quick and my camera is terrible...
img_2701052_0_d0848c4b4a5340cab6189079bea1d7d9.jpg
img_2701052_1_ff383fd12ee20ad589a9a5eab3374ff1.jpg
img_2701052_2_19c9a908fd8d178b5f1f0880cd18e9ef.jpg

Looks great. Where did you find rocks like that?!?!

Thank you! I found them on a hill on the side of the freeway... I always have my eyes pealed... When you're obsessed with aquascaping, everything looks like an aquarium... :rotfl:

Looks good, also like the rock work.

Thank you, I appreciate it! :)

Thank you! I found them on a hill on the side of the freeway... I always have my eyes pealed... When you're obsessed with aquascaping, everything looks like an aquarium... :rotfl:

Thank you, I appreciate it! :)

Erm.. I've found some nice rocks in front of someone's house!

Erm.. I've found some nice rocks in front of someone's house!

Sounds like its time for a late night rock raid? :lol:

I'm sure you can find nice stuff at landscape supply or rock yards for cheap. I was gonna check a couple places, but found these first. I was actually aiming for some smoother river looking stones because of the theme for this tank, but I couldn't help but use these... The texture and colors are amazing.

Sounds like its time for a late night rock raid? :lol:

I'm sure you can find nice stuff at landscape supply or rock yards for cheap. I was gonna check a couple places, but found these first. I was actually aiming for some smoother river looking stones because of the theme for this tank, but I couldn't help but use these... The texture and colors are amazing.

I love the rocks and hard scape. But some green behind the rocks would definitely improve the look.

If you have some extra blyxa japonica, some of it behind the rocks would look sweet.

I love the rocks and hard scape. But some green behind the rocks would definitely improve the look.

If you have some extra blyxa japonica, some of it behind the rocks would look sweet.

Sadly, I sold off all my blyxa... It would have looked good, but I'm not sure how well it would have grown without co2. I'm in the process of setting up a plant only grow out tank, so I won't have to get rid of plants when I'm not using them in a display tank. I just need a filter and heater for it. I have yet to grow a DHG carpet, so I'm looking forward to attempting it. I'm going to add a bit more sand to the back, it needs just a little more slope... When I have the funds I'll order a bunch of DHG. I want to plant it as densely as possible to give me a better shot at carpeting.

UPDATE TIME!

So, I added 3 mor WCMMs for a total of 8 on Sunday. I've been searching my local Petsmarts for some DHG, but couldn't find any. A big thanks to my good buddy Brian, who was kind enough to send me a pack, since his local store stocks them!
img_2719307_0_83ebc1eb5a61edd8f85d8676a3d3b870.jpg

I spent some good time separating it all on to two plates worth, and ended up with what I'm sure was close to 100 plugs... If not more...
img_2719307_1_d506855e514a32366afd3eb2d09fd465.jpg

My kiddo wanted to help me plant his tank, so he handed me plugs, until he got bored.
img_2719307_2_c81ff89d180b2d8b3abf4204e99fe9ec.jpg

And here's the end results of tonight's effort. I think I may have a good chance of doing this with excel only. Dosed PPS pro tonight, along with excel. I'm considering switching over to EI soon... Enjoy! :)
img_2719307_3_b9703bc5cde64e66234ea24fa7cf717f.jpg
img_2719307_4_80704391bc1de45504ab43f905341f09.jpg
img_2719307_5_c9ea363e701aed688e6e78f9a49f56fe.jpg

Wow nice hardscape with the rcoks, can't wait to see the hairgrass fill in :)
Thanks! The hairgrass should grow to around 3-4 inches, so I'm hoping it'll become a little more visible. I might add a little more sand to the back, though. I'll also add a few species up front for accents. Possibly C. Parva or some kind of clover.

Yeah, just one pack. I planted them pretty close together, like 1/4-1/2" apart. Typically I'd go about an 1" apart, but since I'm trying not to run co2, I wanted to give myself the best shot I could, by planting it very dense.

I might need to find somewhere that sells it! My petco only sells needle leaf rotala.

Added some mounds to the back of the tank with a valley just off center. Kinda buried some of the hairgrass, but it should pull through.

I already want to add co2...

Must... resist... temptation...
img_2723253_0_eb1f7efd3d83e260c9418a23a55a945d.jpg

Added some mounds to the back of the tank with a valley just off center. Kinda buried some of the hairgrass, but it should pull through.

I already want to add co2...

Must... resist... temptation...

Looking good. Can't wait for it to fill in.

I hope you don't add co2! Because I'm attempting the carpet with close to the same PAR and glut...

Back
Top Bottom