Bill's 12 Long - A Rimless Iwagumi Build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
That how I've been feeling about the diatoms in my 20 if I didn't have semi fragile fish in there is break it down and clean everything I had to do that with my 55 and haven't seen them back since.

That how I've been feeling about the diatoms in my 20 if I didn't have semi fragile fish in there is break it down and clean everything I had to do that with my 55 and haven't seen them back since.

I had a problem with that in the beginning right after my cycle ended. Added 5 amano shrimp and it was gone over night. I also started doing top offs with distiller water.

Well this tanks over a year old. And all of a sudden a few months ago the diatoms started covering everything in a matter of a week. I think my tap water chemistry might have changed cause I keep my tanks water clean. But I got a couple nerites and there doin a great job.

Updated FTS. I've been thinking about removing the Blyxa from the right side. What do you guys think?
img_2526409_0_29626da8be6bb4d23135d3e8f22e12ef.jpg

If you do replace it with a low growing plant with some color like a.reineckii minni. I know its an igwami style but I bet it would look sick with some red and purple splashed in there. None the less it makes me wanna try something similar.

So I figured I'd ask you guys before I post in the classified section. Anyone want a little over 3 liters of aquasoil? Only time it was used was in my 5 gallon, tank was filled for a few weeks but never planted. $18 + shipping? Is that reasonable? New bag is about $28.

Why not just keep it? Aren't you planning on repairing that other 12L? Extra AS might come in handy for the "aquarium room."

Oh and perhaps if you decide to remove that b. japonica on the right, you can replace that area with either HM (baby tears) or downoi.

Back
Top Bottom