Bill's 12 Long - A Rimless Iwagumi Build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Updated FTS. I've been thinking about removing the Blyxa from the right side. What do you guys think?

Where has this tank been all my life! I will give you ten grand for that tank right now! No make that fifty grand! Absolutely remarkable

Definiteaquascape.tv check out this guys YouTube channel or website

Me too, are there pet fairs like the ones he covers in the USA? I'm asking pre-google search. Lets see what wormhole this is going to lead me into...

Has your HC filled in the dead spots yet, Bill?

Nope... I've actually been having a lot of trouble with it... I just had to trim again last night, pulled up several sections that were dead underneath, and had to re plant it... Such a PITA! It's like, if the under layer dies, it starts rotting away, eventually killing the top layer too. I'm gonna try to keep it trimmed shorter, hopefully that helps...

Nope... I've actually been having a lot of trouble with it... I just had to trim again last night, pulled up several sections that were dead underneath, and had to re plant it... Such a PITA! It's like, if the under layer dies, it starts rotting away, eventually killing the top layer too. I'm gonna try to keep it trimmed shorter, hopefully that helps...

I had a lot of trouble with mine to so I decided to grow it out emersed then drop in big sections of it cut to fit. Just an idea.

I had a lot of trouble with mine to so I decided to grow it out emersed then drop in big sections of it cut to fit. Just an idea.

Good luck trying to get those big sections to stay down... :lol: and so far, everyone I've read who has done a DSM with HC has had major algae issues after flooding it... Soooo not worth the risk... Not saying its a guarantee, but I'm not willing to risk it. I just have to do a better job of trimming more often... Which I honestly hate doing, especially since it all gets stuck in my blyxa. I've read a lot of people saying you have to keep up on trimming HC low or the bottom will die and the top will start to float, which is exactly what happened to me. I worked on the tank for like 4 or 5 hours last night! Haha

Good luck trying to get those big sections to stay down... :lol: and so far, everyone I've read who has done a DSM with HC has had major algae issues after flooding it... Soooo not worth the risk... Not saying its a guarantee, but I'm not willing to risk it. I just have to do a better job of trimming more often... Which I honestly hate doing, especially since it all gets stuck in my blyxa. I've read a lot of people saying you have to keep up on trimming HC low or the bottom will die and the top will start to float, which is exactly what happened to me. I worked on the tank for like 4 or 5 hours last night! Haha

Oh wow I did not know that, would doing a H202 dip help? Thanks for the heads up. I do plan on putting some little stones on it to weight it down once its in there. Here's a pic of how I'm doing it.

ForumRunner_20130629_142500.jpg

WELL, went to a LFS this morning and spent more money then I should have... Secrete build thread might be out tonight, if I have time to write it up! :brows: (y)

How did i miss that... So you got the 36" Fugeray? What are you going to do with the Ray 2? Or is that part of another secret surprise, Bill?

Back
Top Bottom