Brooksters 29 gal rescape!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Brookster123

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hello guys and girls! The time has come! Say goodbye to pink gravel;)

image-1452334395.jpg

I'm tearing down the whole tank! New lights, aqueon modular LEDs with 2 daylight tubes and one colormax. Picked up some new plants last night, a crypt and hygro. New substrate, flourite with a grade 2 quarts filter sand cap. Even got some new fish! 4 more plump healthy rummynose tetras to up my school to 8. I will be performing the procedure tomorrow afternoon so stay tuned!

Me too haha! I have nightmares about being buried in pink gravel. My Lfs throws it on the ice in front if the store to keep people from slipping!

Hurray! The Brook's finally going au natraulle' and ditching the Dolly Parton gravel!
(Just jerking you chain buddy!) Looking forward to it and following along! OS.

Hurray! The Brook's finally going au natraulle' and ditching the Dolly Parton gravel! (Just jerking you chain buddy!) Looking forward to it and following along! OS.
there he is! Hey OS, ya man I'm pretty geared up to ditch the Barbie fun house stuff!

Hey, the pink is better than clown puke!

egemysyj.jpg

Hey, the pink is better than clown puke!
you had to do it huh mebbid.. Cut to 4 months ago.. Readyyy?! This was in my kitchen.. :hide:crawlsunderrockinwoods:
Don't worry though. It's different now

image-219487330.jpg

I've yanked all the fake plants out too..

Attachments

• image-3189620695.jpg
    image-3189620695.jpg
    231 KB · Views: 179
Last edited:
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

The only way it could have been better is if you had the same spongebob ornament :)

Looks great now though! good work!

Fwiw I had clown puke to start as well :whistle:

Oh my God!How funny.
I was channeling my 6 year old self! But seriously, I brought it up in your thread, do you think I could do a bowl like planter with a rock? It will be perched on a piece of spider leg like dw. I'm thinking of using a hygro kompakt for it.

I was never so proud as when my 8yos declared the brightly colored gravel "ugly". These kids wear the brightest clothes so I was prepping my eyeballs for some horrid choice or another. I was genuinely frightened they'd want purple and orange (each kid's favorite color) mixed. Nope, natural gravel!

Looking forward to the after pics.

Hello guys and girls! The time has come! Say goodbye to pink gravel;)

I'm tearing down the whole tank! New lights, aqueon modular LEDs with 2 daylight tubes and one colormax. Picked up some new plants last night, a crypt and hygro. New substrate, flourite with a grade 2 quarts filter sand cap. Even got some new fish! 4 more plump healthy rummynose tetras to up my school to 8. I will be performing the procedure tomorrow afternoon so stay tuned!

Holy Batman?!?!??! No wonder you never show that "masterpiece" Haha love the pink ;) DEFINETLY can't wait for the outcome!!!

Holy Batman?!?!??! No wonder you never show that "masterpiece" Haha love the pink ;) DEFINETLY can't wait for the outcome!!!
man, I wish I never even told you. What was I thinking haha. Just wait bro! I got plans... Big plans:)

Back
Top Bottom