Brooksters 29 gal rescape!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I love your helper in the sink. You can't do a rescape without your four-legged little helpers. What's his name?
Oh Brookster! I just had a great idea! Save your pink gravel and mail it all to JWH. ROFL.
OS.

Save your pink gravel and mail it all to JWH. ROFL.
OS.

Nooooooooooooo please don't punish my mailbox like that!!! Let alone my mail carrier Haha he won't ever deliver my mail again

It is a nice light BTW. What made you go with pink gravel. Be honest we don't judge.... That much

Nooooooooooooo please don't punish my mailbox like that!!! Let alone my mail carrier Haha he won't ever deliver my mail again It is a nice light BTW. What made you go with pink gravel. Be honest we don't judge.... That much
my Lfs wants it back to throw on the ice for traction, honestly when I picked it up 5/6 months ago it was for my first tank since I was 15, my friend gave the 29 for free so I wanted to go cheap on the build (ends up being twice as expensive because you replace everything!) my gf came to the store with me.. She liked the color, I liked the price..$5 for 20lbs.. Geee wonder why?? Blahhhhhhhh sink cats name is binx, she's a rescue about 2 years old!

That gravel is certainly eye catching. I recently bought some Sunset Hygro which is pink at the top under low light. Which variety did you get?

Minx might enjoy a mix of pink gravel with the kitty litter. I can think of no better use for it.

That gravel is certainly eye catching. I recently bought some Sunset Hygro which is pink at the top under low light. Cat might enjoy a mix of pink gravel with the kitty litter. I can think of no better use for it.
hahaha that's the only tank the cats don't gaze at! I'm not sure they'd appreciate it in their office.

my Lfs wants it back to throw on the ice for traction, honestly when I picked it up 5/6 months ago it was for my first tank since I was 15, my friend gave the 29 for free so I wanted to go cheap on the build (ends up being twice as expensive because you replace everything!) my gf came to the store with me.. She liked the color, I liked the price..$5 for 20lbs.. Geee wonder why?? Blahhhhhhhh sink cats name is binx, she's a rescue about 2 years old!

Okay you win, good reason. Your 15???

Okay you win, good reason. Your 15???
can't argue with traction man, nope I'm 30, had a tank when I was 15..woke up one morning and all 50 fish in my 29 including a ryukin goldfish, 10" rope fish, bala shark were dead..

Last edited:
hahaha that's the only tank the cats don't gaze at! I'm not sure they'd appreciate it in their office.

:lol: You have to wonder where they quarry the pink stuff and how much the locals pay them to take it away.

Looking forward to some pics when the rescape is done. I may have to update my 20g thread. Did some replanting with 2 new plant groups today. The tank is a bit cloudy though so no pics today but i have a new camera to play with tomorrow which will be fun.

I had an image pop into my head a moment ago of a planted tank with black substrate but a feature of either Nemo or Spongebob half buried with a vodka bottle and clown puke in front of them like they passed out drunk in the wrong tank.

:lol: You have to wonder where they quarry the pink stuff and how much the locals pay them to take it away. Looking forward to some pics when the rescape is done. I may have to update my 20g thread. Did some replanting with 2 new plant groups today. The tank is a bit cloudy though so no pics today but i have a new camera to play with tomorrow which will be fun.
some mystical land where the clowns puke by the ton! Unicorns everywhere! Never want to go to that place.. Haven't seen any posts there in a while Alan. I'm a bit nervous on the clouding factor of the flourite myself. I have to go into work for a few hours so I will hopefully start the process this early afternoon, I have to hit the hardware store for some buckets and a nice bin for my fish to chill in while I upgrade their pad! I like OS's bin, I think the solid color/lack of light should have a calming effect..

I got my bin at Lowe's. It was called a 20G tub. Plastic. They've also got 5g plastic buckets cheap. You will definitely want to cap the fluorite with something IMO. OS.

If you have buckets go that route or a cooler. I have a 15g cooler I use and it keeps the temp steady when the lid is shut

If you have buckets go that route or a cooler. I have a 15g cooler I use and it keeps the temp steady when the lid is shut
that's a great Idea! Than I can use it for beer in the summer!! Mmmm beer.
That's what the filter sand is for OS!

Whoop, whoop brookster!!!! So excited!! Can't wait for pictures!!!

I am already following OS weekly updates.... This is Sooo fun!

Whoop, whoop brookster!!!! So excited!! Can't wait for pictures!!! I am already following OS weekly updates.... This is Sooo fun!
welcome! You're excited?! I'm half thinking if blowing off work to go get started right now! OS has been paramount in my whole planted career! His thread is great!

some mystical land where the clowns puke by the ton! Unicorns everywhere! Never want to go to that place.. Haven't seen any posts there in a while Alan. I'm a bit nervous on the clouding factor of the flourite myself. I have to go into work for a few hours so I will hopefully start the process this early afternoon, I have to hit the hardware store for some buckets and a nice bin for my fish to chill in while I upgrade their pad! I like OS's bin, I think the solid color/lack of light should have a calming effect..

Oh well tomorrow the pink can find a home away from sight and you can get started with something more pleasing to your eye. I'd say if you rinse the filter sand well and add it as a cap before adding any water, you may avoid a lot of clouding issues. I have fine grained black stone over dirt and the only time i ever get clouding is if i uproot a lot of plants which i did today.

I added some pictures to my 20g thread. Will add a link to my profile tomorrow as well. Don't expect too much from these pics they were mostly just working out a camera with no instructions.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom