My 90 gal planted

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Was able to get some new star repen sprouts to start back in the tank as well as a few other goodies from my buddy Brookster123. Thanks again.
So we put star repens, macandra, Blyxa japonica, and a sprout of DHG (the real test....haha). ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1433521994.338662.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Here's a closer shot cut in halves to better see what's going on in there. Kinda tough with the reflection of the window and the sliding door both open.
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1433522280.705688.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1433522299.970364.jpg

Been doing OK with the plants for what I've been doing but it's time to step it up a little.
I have only been running my light on the sun setting for most of the time and maybe 1 hour a day on full spectrum.
I'm gonna bump up to about 3 hours or so of full spectrum and see what happens.
Since I have run the full spectrum I have noticed a difference in my Ludwegia Repens. I assumed they were deprived of some sort of fertilizer but apparently it was lighting.

Oh yah man.. def drop full.spectrum on those plants, the reds alone make a big difference.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Been running the full spectrum light for about 3 hours before I go to work and then when the rest of the family gets home they run it 4-5 hours (I hope that's all). Noticing some holes on leaves which from my research indicates low manganese so I ordered some.
I also ordered some iron and GH booster since I use RO water.
Wife wants the tree back in so I will be pulling the DW and putting the tree back in which will cause half of tank rescape. Gonna put the Christmas miss on it.
My star repens I got from my buddy Brookster has all been eaten. No more repens for a while.
Question:
When I put the moss on the tree; will it grow up to the light or down?
So I will know the best placement.

Ludwegeia repens Rubin is started to get settled I think as I am started to see some growth now.
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1434678805.081270.jpg

Wife really didn't care for the black background and the black substrate (Eco-complete) together.
I picked up some flora max in tan coloring to cap the Eco-complete and mix in a little.
Brightened up the tank a bit for sure.
I also did a lil changing around and added a piece of DW that I tied the Anubis nano and some flame miss to.
Pulled a couple rocks out and made a big difference.
Pics later when the tank cleans up.
Rinsed that stuff forever and it still is a mess.

Getting low on excel so I took the plunge and ordered the metricide 14 I've read about.
Should be here tomorrow or Wed.
Any pointers ya'll got for it?

Getting low on excel so I took the plunge and ordered the metricide 14 I've read about.
Should be here tomorrow or Wed.
Any pointers ya'll got for it?

I don't remember what plants you have but dose lightly at first. It's potent stuff and can cause certain plants like hornwort, anarchis, and Val's to melt pretty bad. My anarchis went from everywhere to nothing quick.

Just throw out the active ingredient that come with it that's for its other use of sanitization.

Caleb

You dilute it 50/50 with R/O or distilled water; correct?

You dilute it 50/50 with R/O or distilled water; correct?

You can, but theres really no need to. Just use half as much metricide as you would excel. Ive been doing it that way for 2 years now.

My new friend. Unfortunately they only had one. Gotta pick up a few more. Really doesn't show his color very well a all. ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1435014683.207311.jpg

Thanks Mebbid. Hopefully it shows up before I run out of excell.

Thanks Caleb. Shouldn't be long till his colors come in good. Also understanding I won't get full colors till I shoal them them correctly.
I cleaned out a huge catfish that was destroying my plants and have a couple more to move as well. Gonna give one to my son that's starting a tank.

Thanks Caleb. Shouldn't be long till his colors come in good. Also understanding I won't get full colors till I shoal them them correctly.
I cleaned out a huge catfish that was destroying my plants and have a couple more to move as well. Gonna give one to my son that's starting a tank.

Sweet! I have a catfish I need to get rid of one too. He hides all day and is pissed right now I plugged to hole to his hideout.

Caleb

Funny you say that. I had 5 catfish and only ever saw 2 of them unless it was time to eat.
I removed their rock cave when I changed it up this time to keep them out where they can be seen.
Needless to say their pissed now.

Back
Top Bottom