Not Brooks' gbr tank..

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Gillie, you're doing a fantastic job of "Slugworthing" ol' Brookster here!

image.jpg

"Brookster, it's easy to grow live food and no one will know..."

Brookster, tank looks great man. Love the GBR. Maybe someday when I turn my 29 into a South American tank I'll get a pair of those... or maybe I'll just get another tank...

No Brook i meant live lol. I feed live, frozen and dry goods. A live brine shrimp will contain more of its nutrition value than a frozen brine shrimp. A frozen brine shrimp will contain more nutritional value than a freeze dried brine shrimp.

I tend to feed mine
3 days flake
1 day frozen
1 day live food (purchase at lfs)
1 day dried bloodworm/shrimp
1 day nothing

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I'm going to order some live food for my fish, baby brine shrimp, bloodworms and daphnia. Each are 100ml bags. How long do these live foods stay alive and how is best to store them?

The baby brine should be hatched and fed out daily.
Your lfs has live bloodworm?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Yep live baby brine, live brine, live bloodworm and live daphnia. Good selection really.

Welp...Looks like England has us beat in the live foods...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Welp...Looks like England has us beat in the live foods...

Yep, if I want live bloodworm I have to spend hours sifting through leaves pulled from the bottom of a pond:confused:

You do that? I want to try.. check your PMs

Booker let us know once you get your worm farm open so the rest of us can buy some from you!

Why not just get a brine shrimp hatchery kit? Much safer than using worms from a pond. Who knows what other parasites or pathogens you may be introducing to your enclosed ecosystem.

Why not just get a brine shrimp hatchery kit? Much safer than using worms from a pond. Who knows what other parasites or pathogens you may be introducing to your enclosed ecosystem.

Good call..that wouldn't be worth the risk.. the hatchery could be cool. I'm going to look into that.

Collection from fishless ponds are safe, I collect from snowmelt and rainfall ponds far from any water with fish.

Good call..that wouldn't be worth the risk.. the hatchery could be cool. I'm going to look into that.

Looks easy enough. There's a ton of YouTube vids on it too.

http://www.drsfostersmith.com/fish-...d/brine-shrimp-hatcheries/ps/c/3578/7927/7954

BTW, your LFS's (mom&pops shops, not big box) don't sell live worms? Almost all I've been to around here have a small refrigerator in the back with styro-containers of them.

The lfs does not, there's a bait and tackle shop, maybe they have something small enough. .

The lfs does not, there's a bait and tackle shop, maybe they have something small enough. .

Red wigglers/ trout worms would be about as small as you can get from a bait shop. If I hadn't lost my whiteworm cultures to a gnat infestation, I would've sent you a starter.

My guess is you probably have everything you need laying around except the eggs and maybe a desk lamp to use.

I have been meaning to do this for awhile but forgot about it. Wish I remember when I just ordered from dr foster to save on shipping. Oh well.

My club has members that often will sell or give away cultures of live food. Like Vinegar eels , etc...

See if you have a club nearby. They can be a great resource. I know I'm spoiled. Have at least 3 clubs within an hour, not counting SW or Cichlid or Betta or other clubs LOL

Sent from my LG-V410 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom