Not Brooks' gbr tank..

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hey, thread still exists! Yayy.. no breeding. Lots of new plants though! New erio that looks like mini blyxa, myrio moved to back, 2 new ar variants, limno Arromatica added to back. I cannot wait for this to fill in..pics and proper names when I get home!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

You need to post regularly otherwise they will sink into the depths...
Once I clear out some stars I might move the erio to run along side the Blyxa. I have a pattern in mind for the foreground plants.
How do you propogate Blyxa? Do the stems branch out? I do not see runners.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

true.. the blyxa grows shoots, i can see a bunch forming, i think you just snap them or clip them off.. how's your erio doing?

The side shoots on blyxa j. will easily pull away from the main stem w/roots intact..

Getcha sleeves wet fish tank people!

Pics as promised..

Attachments

• 1419116721542.jpg
    1419116721542.jpg
    209.4 KB · Views: 95
  • 1419116730227.jpg
    1419116730227.jpg
    253.1 KB · Views: 88
  • 1419116739723.jpg
    1419116739723.jpg
    260.4 KB · Views: 97
  • 1419116752474.jpg
    1419116752474.jpg
    254.5 KB · Views: 102
Nice. That's quite a wall of Blyxa. I was not sure how the erio should look and how deep to plant the stems so I'm using yours as a reference. Mine are not as green (only in the centers). The periphery is straw colored; I think that is the older growth. The Blyxa I got from Brian had older growth that was replaced as it grew.
Is that the new limno in the back right corner?

Yes sir, I will be removing some shortly, the erio can grow tall I guess but I'm hoping it stays tight under higher light, keep in mind your endured an extra few days of travel. That would be the limno.. looks 10x better than when I planted it this morning!

Thanks for the advice on the food getting much better color. Anything new on your setup?

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1419700847.668313.jpg

They're looking pretty good there Ryan! Nothing really, wc and cleaning later today, I'll post pics after!

tank looks nice my friend! Just read through all 7 pages. I'm caught up now.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Thanks man!! Needs major work though.. i was in the middle of getting all up close and personal here and I caught a whiff... the wc barrel be stinkin...i had to do a major scrub down. I wanted to de GSA this tank but unfortunately this is the best I could do for tonight..

Attachments

• 1419729940087.jpg
    1419729940087.jpg
    236.9 KB · Views: 81
I can't get over that Blyxa hedge. Very grand. For a moment I thought that was anacharis in the rear left. Sorry.
I don't see much algae in there. I have not had Otos in a while. What do they eat (in terms of algae)? I have an Amano but all he does is go around fondling the plants and picking up flakes the fish miss.

Agree blyxa looks money. What are the two plants on either of the intake tube?

I can't get over that Blyxa hedge. Very grand. For a moment I thought that was anacharis in the rear left. Sorry.
I don't see much algae in there. I have not had Otos in a while. What do they eat (in terms of algae)? I have an Amano but all he does is go around fondling the plants and picking up flakes the fish miss.

Thanks, I'm rather fond of it myself..there's plenty of algae.. substrate still. Killing me really, i just nuked it bigtime! Otos will clean the individual leaves, which I find priceless. 3 cleaned my 5 gal like no one's business. It's really the first week when they go nuts ime.

Agree blyxa looks money. What are the two plants on either of the intake tube?

It's myrio and limno arr. On the right, little slower to fire..

That blyxa is the truth!

Getcha sleeves wet fish tank people!

Haha it does look pretty cool huh? The shrimp are always getting down in there too. Now if the erio in front and dhg would take off... think of how that would look??

Where did you get the blyxa from?

Where did you get the blyxa from?

Someone on tpt, I'll be thinning it out soon if you want some?

Back
Top Bottom