PPS Pro

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
OK I see. Yeah, you put 25ml of pure Glut in the 500ml bottle(double that for 1000ml bottle) that you make up your traces in to prevent mold from forming in it. You don't have to put any in the other bottles. OS.

OK I see. Yeah, you put 25ml of pure Glut in the 500ml bottle(double that for 1000ml bottle) that you make up your traces in to prevent mold from forming in it. You don't have to put any in the other bottles. OS.

For real? I think I only added 5 or 10 mL for mold prevention. But to all THREE bottles.

Out of habit I do invert/shake the trace bottle prior to use since I have seen sediment at the bottom of the bottle. I think I shake all of them.

I am only 12 days into PPS Pro so far. The only way I know that is because nerdy me used the label maker and added the mix date along with the other labels indicating bottle # and contents.

LOL I labeled my bottles too. So call me a nerd too! I shake my bottles too especially the traces bottle. It won't hurt anything that you put glut in all the bottles.

Okay thanks so much guys! I think I will compromise and do 10 ml in each bottle, and maybe 15 in the trace.

Is this right?
Macro Solution

In 1 liter bottle:
59 grams K2SO4 (Potassium Sulfate)
65 grams KNO3 (Potassium Nitrate)
6 grams KH2PO4 (Mono Potassium Phosphate)
41 grams MgSO4 (Magnesium Sulfate)
Fill with distilled water and shake well. Let sit overnight.

Micro Solution

In 1 liter bottle:
80 grams of CSM+B or equivalent trace element mix
Fill with distilled water and shake well. Let sit overnight.

Okay thanks! I'm going on vacation for a couple of days but when I get back I'll work on it.

Enjoy!
One more thing: Some folks get an extra bottle and put the KNO3 (Nitrates) in there by itself. I believe the reason for this is for better control of the nitrate level. Since nitrate is going to be present already from the bioload, the amount prescribed in the standard recipe PLUS this may result in a nitrate level higher than whatever the optimal target is (this may depend on what you are growing). The extra bottle is just a suggestion.
Before you start dosing the ferts, if possible get a baseline of your nitrate and phosphate and monitor those initially over the first few weeks or months. From there you can decide if you need to customize the recipe.

Well it sounds like I'll need a phosphate test kit then. I also blanked and forgot to buy a needle valve so I'll need that too.

Well it sounds like I'll need a phosphate test kit then. I also blanked and forgot to buy a needle valve so I'll need that too.

It's always something. While you are at it, get a CO2 indicator. While your bubble counter may give you an idea of how much CO2 you are adding, the indicator will tell you how much is actually present. I am using the Fluval brand although you can get fancy with the all glass models.

I have an indicator but I'm not using it since I haven't installed it yet. I need to leave soon so I won't be back for a few days (but might be on at the hotel).

:thanks:

One last thing. I was going to purchase a needle valve but apparently it doesn't need one. Is this right? If you have this, did you need to buy a needle valve?

That is for the Aquatek co2 regulator mini.

Also, what phosphate test kit would you recommend? Is it that necessary and do I need to test other things as well?

Back
Top Bottom