Where to buy root tabs!!?!????

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well I know ever location is different but at Lowes. Outside in the garden center.

They seem so small. Since I got the 0 instead of the 00, do I still use just one or use two?

Do they dissolve over time? Probably a really dumb question. Yes, I'm certain that's a dumb question. Lol!

Replace every 3 months, or because they're 0 every 2 months?

Thanks so much for all of your help!ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1393371158.133285.jpg

The pictures really sold me! I use flourish tabs, but haven't seen explosive growth that I wanted. I'm going to give it a try! Just one question, any effects on water quality?

They seem so small. Since I got the 0 instead of the 00, do I still use just one or use two?

Do they dissolve over time? Probably a really dumb question. Yes, I'm certain that's a dumb question. Lol!

Replace every 3 months, or because they're 0 every 2 months?

Thanks so much for all of your help!

Yeah, I would go ahead and just use one. Replace every other month or so wouldn't he a bad idea.

The pictures really sold me! I use flourish tabs, but haven't seen explosive growth that I wanted. I'm going to give it a try! Just one question, any effects on water quality?

It can raise ammonia but if you use them sparingly and place them at the very bottom of your substrate then you won't see any issues from it.

Okay I don't know of it's just this plant or the ferts I used. But in ONE day look at the growth in the little leaf in the middle of the plant coming out. ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1393520745.473449.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1393520763.145165.jpg

:O

I just put them in a minute ago, had to use size 0 capsule and Osmocote plus, couldn't find dynamite. I too had difficulty getting it to the very bottom.

Yep I used size 0 as well.

I only put mine about half way.

I have heard that people will just freeze the fertilizer balls in small ice cubes and use that instead of the gel cap. I believe the theory behind the cap is that it just keeps the little balls together so it can be inserted to the bottom of the substrate.

I have heard that people will just freeze the fertilizer balls in small ice cubes and use that instead of the gel cap. I believe the theory behind the cap is that it just keeps the little balls together so it can be inserted to the bottom of the substrate.

That would work as well. The gel caps just seem to be a simple pre portioned amount that you can use.

Okay I don't know of it's just this plant or the ferts I used. But in ONE day look at the growth in the little leaf in the middle of the plant coming out. View attachment 225030View attachment 225031

:O

Yep, I saw a similar change with my sword but I just convinced myself my mind was playing tricks on me :)

I'm totally trying this! You guys are about to change the way people root tab! Nice work mebbid!

Yeah Mebbid thanks! I think this will work nicely, just hope the Osmocote Plus is as good as your mixture!

I'm totally trying this! You guys are about to change the way people root tab! Nice work mebbid!

In about 2 months this thread will pop up again :) It's amusing because it's surprisingly regular in its appearance :)

I must say though, the difference between common commercial root tabs and these is insane.

I feel stupid, I just ordered so much seachem stuff of amazon I'm surprised they didn't send balloons with the order, luckily I only got a 10 pack of root tabs and not the 40, I'm going to use then up but stick some of your recipe in as well..

Back
Top Bottom