Which rock layout do u like the most?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JML Aqua

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Note that this doesn't account for the slopes in the tank, just the bare rock scape on an even surface.
This is before I set up the tank

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1414465830.632151.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1414465847.628533.jpg
    ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1414465847.628533.jpg
    205.1 KB · Views: 61
I think we really need to see it in a tank to get a feel for the space, but speaking generally, right now the second two look like a pretty disorganized set of rocks, vs the first one that probably looks too organized.

What size tank is this going in? I think you have some nice stone (seiryu?) with a lot of character. I agree with aqua_chem on the too organized and scattered.. research iwagumi and save photos of other tanks to find inspiration. It's best to use an odd number of stones.

What size tank is this going in? I think you have some nice stone (seiryu?) with a lot of character. I agree with aqua_chem on the too organized and scattered.. research iwagumi and save photos of other tanks to find inspiration. It's best to use an odd number of stones.

10 gallons :)

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

The second but closer together and that tiny one in the rear left needs to be smack in the front a little off center, or on an end.

The others don't have any sense of proportion or direction. Try to make them suggest a specific shape, in a size that's a ratio to the tank. Keep the spaces between the rocks a little smaller than the rocks.

Sent from my iPhone with three hands tied behind my back.

Back
Top Bottom