Free: ROAK: Dwarf Baby Tears

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

unstopaBULLFish

Aquarium Advice FINatic
So some of you who have been following my thread know that there is a local pond full of dwarf baby tears. So I finally decided to do a ROAK with them.

This ROAK is for a 6 x 6 inch Mat of dwarf baby tears. There will be two winners who will be able to win.
Each winner will split the portion and get an approximately 3" by 3" Mat.These baby tears are well rooted and very healthy.

Requirements: Tell me a little about your tank and why you deserve this/ need it. If is possible please include a picture of the tank. I will select the winners by the end of next week. Winners will be PMed

Note: The dwarf baby tears are completely free. Winner will have to pay shipping and or heat packs or cold packs if necessary.

This is open to everyone. Feel free to participate. I did this to help other hobbyists and I hope I can help others. Good luck to everyone!ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1447023239.274093.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1447023252.974145.jpg
(The mat of baby tears is above)

Sent via the power of my aching thumbs
Cn

I have a planted tank, and I just added a nice piece of driftwood, and a mat of baby tears would make it look so much better! Is the DBT sterilized?

You sure that's dbt?? You sure you can ship that anywhere in the US?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

You sure that's dbt?? You sure you can ship that anywhere in the US?

I am sure its dbt. I spent a long time looking up pictures and making sure it was dbt. You are right however I can't ship to Hawaii or Alaska. That's a good point. If Dbt is illegal/ invasive in another state then I can't ship it there.

FWfishtanks- the plants are not sterilized. I don't have anything to sterilize them. I have scoured the DBT for snails and rinsed then thoroughly. I haven't seen a snail get out there is always a possibility. I'm sorry that they're not sterilized

Cn

Those things grow??? In ponds? In nature? Without an overstressed aquarist looking after their every need???

Just curious about what state you're in.

Those things grow??? In ponds? In nature? Without an overstressed aquarist looking after their every need???

Just curious about what state you're in.

Yessir. And very well too. Here in the pond in Florida the whole pond was covered up in dbt. I think there were some other emersed plants that I couldn't identify. The DBT were growing emersed and this stuff was healthy. I tried to get a small patch when I first saw it and accidentally pulled up a square foot of the stuff!

Cn

Florida... Not surprised. I hear you guys opted out of winter :/

There's tons of ludwigia Repens emersed and submersed here.

Identifying emersed aquarium plants makes me feel so special lol...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Florida just cut the deal. Shipping costs to Canada would be absolutely crazy!!

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Over here we have a pond full of purple cabomba, I am trying to get some, but haven't been able to go over recently. Might make a ROAK out of them if I can get em ?

Sent via echolocation

Well if I. Only have one entry that means automatic win... Unless more people enter I guess FW will win!

Cn

Hate to burst the bubble here... not positive but I'm pretty sure that's not hc, pretty sure it's a pretty prominent species of plant that may/may not be a noxious weed. We as aquarist cannot just go grab a hand full of plants out of a local pond and send them out to whomever... I'm calling stop on this until someone who actually knows what's up chimes in..

Hate to burst the bubble here... not positive but I'm pretty sure that's not hc, pretty sure it's a pretty prominent species of plant that may/may not be a noxious weed. We as aquarist cannot just go grab a hand full of plants out of a local pond and send them out to whomever... I'm calling stop on this until someone who actually knows what's up chimes in..

Yah I agree this is not Dwarf Baby tears. Unless you live in Cuba where the plant comes from I'm pretty sure that's a plant that looks like DBT or HC

Sent from my SM-G900T using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Alright... That's enough proof for me. I hope someone can close this thread. I sincerely apologize guys. I honestly was super convinced that it was Dbt. I literally searches up pictures for 20 min. I guess My eyes saw what they wanted to see. I'm calling this off... What a big waste of time. I'm really mad at myself.. It seems whenever I try to do something I screw up no matter how hard I try.... Every time.
Again I apologize guys and I hope everyone can forgive me

Cn

Alright... That's enough proof for me. I hope someone can close this thread. I sincerely apologize guys. I honestly was super convinced that it was Dbt. I literally searches up pictures for 20 min. I guess My eyes saw what they wanted to see. I'm calling this off... What a big waste of time. I'm really mad at myself.. It seems whenever I try to do something I screw up no matter how hard I try.... Every time.

Cn

You can ask ppl if they care because some people may still want it. I wouldn't enter either way because my tank is full lol

Sent from my SM-G900T using Aquarium Advice mobile app

It looks pretty close to dbt, but im not a high tech plant expert so i'll go with the experts

Strange indeed... This isnt the same stuff your buddy tried to send me is it?

Sent from my LGLS991 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Cn

Don't worry dude...

They looked like DBT to me and I would have tried to share them too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Manatee mud flower!!!!

Back
Top Bottom