Any SYDNEY members??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ausfish

Aquarium Advice Freak
I'm curious how many Aussies we've got here and what kind of tanks they're running? Where do you buy/sell/trade?

Gday there,

and then there was 2... :D Great to see another aussie here!

Currently setting up a 40(ish) gal tank, Im used to keeping freshwater natives...rainbows, galaxias, gudgeons, pygmy perch and gobys are my favs. Ive had yabbies in the past but have learned my lesson now :facepalm:

Have to say Natives are more challenging to obtain, alot of the species are endemic to specific areas or catchments. So as you probably know, going down to the local creek without a permit, can get you into a bit of strife :nono:

Will be hunting around for suppliers soon in brizzy. Will let you know what i come across :)

So what set up do you have? Any tips on native fish suppliers up this way?

Currently a 55g Malawi cichlid tank and a 9g nano reef. I'm considering a 6x3x3 tank that I found a good deal for, don't have the time for DIY at the moment :) I had yabbies before, they're a pain. Now I just catch guppies and shrimp for life food every couple of weeks

Perth... Rocking a salt water 75g

and then there was 3 :cool:

75g tank looks pretty sweet. Where did you get your corals from?

Lived in Perth for awhile, is a biodiversity hotspot. Picked up some pretty rare freshwater species in W.A.:)

Currently a 55g Malawi cichlid tank and a 9g nano reef. I'm considering a 6x3x3 tank that I found a good deal for, don't have the time for DIY at the moment :) I had yabbies before, they're a pain. Now I just catch guppies and shrimp for life food every couple of weeks

Yeah found your tank on another thread, looking good! Saltwater tanks are sooo colouful :D

6x3x3 tank will be huge! Should put up a pic of it:)

UDan said:
Yeah found your tank on another thread, looking good! Saltwater tanks are sooo colouful :D

6x3x3 tank will be huge! Should put up a pic of it:)

I'm still negotiating with the seller, the wife and my insurance company. I'll let you know how I go lol

Only in Australia can you have this in our backyard:

Attachments

• image-385481899.jpg
    image-385481899.jpg
    67.4 KB · Views: 91
  • image-1069750736.jpg
    image-1069750736.jpg
    68.7 KB · Views: 76
  • image-930806478.jpg
    image-930806478.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 71
I am a brissy kid, running 2 tanks both with mostly fish from south America/Asia

im from VIC! i thought i was alone :)
6x2.5x2.5 reef
50 gal reef
50 gal freshwater
40 gal guppies

I'm in Vic. No fish here but I have hermit crab and southern brown tree frogs. !! Hello people's

Back
Top Bottom