Is this a nympth?????

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jlk

Aquarium Advice Addict
I am in the slow process of aquiring new fancies for 50 gallon aquarium. I found this guy (girl?) a month ago and picked him yesterday. What i didnt realize until i brought him home is that he only has a single tail (instead of a double like a true moor)!!! He looks like a moor in respect to his body type, telescope eyes, and velvety black appearance but he has a bright orange stomach and one (left) orange eye. Anyone know what he is? A nympth? Will he change in color or appearance as he gets older? Ive now dubbed him my "Halloween" fish!!!

I want one like him :(( I have a panda and I LOVE him... Wish I could fine a fish like this one

Thanks!!! I LOVE him!!! I actually found out from a goldfish site that he's actually called a 'willow'. What no one could answer is whether he is a genetic anomaly or a cross between a moor & a comet. I guess i will never know! I actually have been looking for a panda but the only store that had them (babies) couldnt tell me whether they were purebred or not. The purebred ones are the only ones that keep their black & white color (the rest eventually turn all white!). Im fearful of buying a fish online (site unseen) so im going to keep up my search for now! :)

As long as he appeals to you, that means he'll have a great home, and really, nothing else matters. Kind of like adopting a mutt, I guess. (y)

I love him whatever he may be! The Japanese actually breed willows for their ponds because they are more efficient swimmers due to the single caudal tail. I have a TON of respect for their breeding & fish husbandry practices of goldfish because theyhave been doing this for thousands of years. Im not complaining because he was only $10 vs the willows ive seen online that are $100s of dollars. And he will DEF be well cared for!!!! :)

Oh yeah? I don't know if mine is purebred or not... he's ADORABLE now though... he is turning more white though :( I remember the lady at the LFS saying the get "more" white when they get older... I hope he don't turn all white cause he's so cute now.
img_1605293_0_fb774b57a43609b70cb2977ba526320d.jpg

Back
Top Bottom