Beengirl's 30g FOWLR starts!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Beengirl said:
One of my sexy shrimp died. Not sure why. Params are 0,0,20. The other one is fine, found the one shrimp laying on sand on his side. At first thought it was a molt, but no, it was him. :( everyone else is good though.

Is your PH stable? Those are so cute! How many can you put together?

nikki_kaiser said:
Is your PH stable? Those are so cute! How many can you put together?

PH is 8.1 I only had 2, but lady at store said she had 8 in a tank together. They're really cute. We'll see how the other one does. They were Lola and Lulu :) (my daughter named them), but not sure which one is still with us.

Beengirl said:
PH is 8.1 I only had 2, but lady at store said she had 8 in a tank together. They're really cute. We'll see how the other one does. They were Lola and Lulu :) (my daughter named them), but not sure which one is still with us.

That's sweet! Maybe it just had issues adjusting to change. Have you taken a pic of it? I'm getting a little tired of my grumpy butt coral banded. I will say this though, I have a red fire shrimp (scarlet shrimp...idk what they are calling them these days) and he is very easy going. He also doesn't hide like everyone thinks they do. He's really pretty. The coral banded is a bobo head.

I have 1 pic, not sure if this is one still with us. Kinda hard to see cuz he's small, but he's just below the snail.

image-4068915307.jpg

Here's an update of the tank. Did PWC today and move rock around a little, there was a small arched piece that was drivin me crazy so I took it out. Added a very small clown, he's kind of a spaz, never still enough to get a decent pic with this phone. Angel has been happy, Firefish and small cleaner shrimp doing well. Also added another hermit and few more snails. So far, it's going well. :)

image-4090474238.jpg

image-3898496710.jpg

Nu-Nu the eel said:
Lovin the tank!!!!!!! :)

Thanks!! My daughter and I are doin it together cuz it's in her room. Other than the angel, which was relocated from the 55g, she's picking all the fish, which she researches on live aquaria. (she's 12) :)

We got a bicolor blenny for the 30g. He's very cute, eating already. The one downside is that the Firefish had a little burrow under a rock that she sleeps in, and he kinda kicked her out last night and took her burrow. :( hopefully she'll either make a new one or they share it at some point.

image-3456165119.jpg

image-3960912986.jpg

How you get so much purple? And how long did it take? I feed my rocks with purple up

You can buy the rock already purple like that
or use a chemical called purple up
another way is with lighting like this

img_2123960_0_9e7d419c18924bbf42b6974c92664121.jpg

img_2123960_1_04777a7680b743eecddb236eb930c7a4.jpg

I like the purple but rather let it do it on its own the natural way
I got whites ,greens,yellows,purples,reds,even some blue spots

but I like the natural colors like this a bit more
with out the colored lighting also my tanks come a long way

this is with normal lighting you can see the natural coloration's (y)

my tank today
funny fish see camera they go hide except my clown the big ham

img_2123960_2_d5168560850854ca68f11bf58a26a3f2.jpg

if you go to this other tread
http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums/f23/what-did-you-do-with-your-tank-today-195155-121.html

post #1208

theres picts of all the new stuff I just added to the tank today

Antonio718 said:
How you get so much purple? And how long did it take? I feed my rocks with purple up

That was taken under regular stock white light, got some of my LR that color from LFS. Mixed it in with the white base rock, hoping it all turns that color. :)

Yea! The bicolor blenny has found a hole inside of a rock at the front of the tank that he likes to sleep in now. So the Firefish has her little burrow back that she sleeps in!! Going to get some led lights for the tank today, just Getting the marineland ones cuz this is only a FOWLR, no corals to support in there. I want the shimmer effect and the moonlights. Will post new pics later.

I'm so happy that the Firefish got her burrow back from the blenny!! She is out during the day, though. Here she is in her burrow. Looks comfy!! Lol

image-958883709.jpg

Blenny perching on rocks, and he sleeps in a perfectly sized hole for him that's right in the front center of tank. It's so cute to see him curl up in there. :)

image-2794961570.jpg

Oh, and I got the LEDs on there, so here's FTS with them on. Love the shimmer.

image-2611106980.jpg

Everybody's happy so far!! :)

Back
Top Bottom