Can I have 2 scooter blennies in my tank?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lbannie

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I just got a scooter blenny yesterday! He is so cool, I absolutely love watching him hop all over the tank and spit out sand! My question is....can I have 2 of them in my 30 gal tank?

You can, but it would be best to introduce them to the tank all at the same time. You need to make sure you know what gender you are getting though, because it should be 2 - 3 females per male, and you must have a 50G or larger tank if you plan on keeping more than one male. So i'd say that if you have a male right now, then only look for females. If you have a female, then get one male and one female. Or two females if you want four of them, but i would advise against it.

How many other fish are in your tank right now?

Absolutely

These are great, interesting little fish, very active, always stirring the sand for you. I have never had a problem with agression of any kind from these fish

And if i may reword my original statement, you need a 30G tank to house just ONE. But a 50G tank or larger to house MORE than one. So i would advise against putting more than one in your 30G tank. You can try it, but it's not advised.

Not exactly sure.. but you can have 2-3 females PER male. So in a 75G i would think 6 would be a decent limit lol. 2 males, and 4 females. Maybe you could get away with more, but why try it? I mean.. would you really only want one type of fish in 75G worth of space? lol. Kindof defeats the purpose of diversity in tanks right?

Back
Top Bottom