Crazycajuns new build 150 gal

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Only problem I am having is the black and white clown is not eating very well and has stringy white poo. He seems fine. I think the food I am giving him is to big because he just spits it out. So I am trying to cut it I'n half and soak it for a while to soften it up.

Looks like my coral beauty and flame angel have crypo "ick". What would be the best way to treat my tank? Install uv sterilizers? I just found out i bought the coral beauty from a treated tank.

UV Sterilizers don't help when it's on a fish. Id treat with copper treatments such as quickcure in a empty 10G and do 50% waterchanges everyday.

I know that. But what I am saying is. Get a uv sterilizer in my display tank. Take all my fish out and put them I'n a hospital 20 gallon tank. Treat the fish with the low salinity. While the display tank runs though the uv.

I dont; ahve the links, sorry but apparently the uv will only kill the ich in its free floating stage. It needs about 6 weeks to get rid of it entirely with no fish in the tank. Corals and inverts are immune so they can stay in the tank.

carey said:
I dont; ahve the links, sorry but apparently the uv will only kill the ich in its free floating stage. It needs about 6 weeks to get rid of it entirely with no fish in the tank. Corals and inverts are immune so they can stay in the tank.

Yes thanks. I read that. I guess the best thing will be to buy a hospital tank. Guess a 20 gallon should be ok. Treat with the hypo-salinity or Copper.

I luckily havent had the ich so I;m not sure. I do have cupramine just in case, it's a copper based med that comes highly regarded. some people go with the lower salinity as it can cause theich to actually drop off the fish.

there are sooo many articles on this here, here is one

Marine Ich or White Spot Disease

Well now I am reading about cupramine and I think I may go that way. Any of you did this before?

Well looks like it is only a mild case so far so I will feed heavily with garlic extreme and see if he can fight it. If not i will qt him.

Im going through a ich phase myself.. My dt has been empty for almost 4 weeks.. :/ only shrimp n crabs good thing the shrimps are goofs or id go crazy!!!!

Riley said:
Im going through a ich phase myself.. My dt has been empty for almost 4 weeks.. :/ only shrimp n crabs good thing the shrimps are goofs or id go crazy!!!!

I am starting to wonder if it is ich. I mean I had freshwater systems before so I know what it looks like but I am puzzled now. I only see three now one on each side fin and one almost on top fin. So am starting to wonder if he just damaged him self. He does dominate the tank and makes the flame angel move out of his area. The flame is smaller so he can go through the smaller rock formations. He has already injured himself by chasing the flame and hit a rock but it is almost completely healed. I guess I will just feed them with the garlic xtream for a while to boost their immune system to be safe.

redsea said:
Are your flame and coral beauty angel getting along well? Thanks!

Yes. Just the coal beauty is bigger and shows his rule. He sometimes chases the flame out of his area but other than that they are fine. I added them to the tank at the same time.

I am starting to wonder if it is ich. I mean I had freshwater systems before so I know what it looks like but I am puzzled now. I only see three now one on each side fin and one almost on top fin. So am starting to wonder if he just damaged him self. He does dominate the tank and makes the flame angel move out of his area. The flame is smaller so he can go through the smaller rock formations. He has already injured himself by chasing the flame and hit a rock but it is almost completely healed. I guess I will just feed them with the garlic xtream for a while to boost their immune system to be safe.

if there any sign from the fish like scratching their body to the rock..??
if there is, then it might be ich..this is what happened to my BT n YT....even my algae goby....i just treat them with product called herbtana and fed them food that soaked with garlic....i manage to keep them all healthy in my tank till now.... :dance:

I had sign of ich much like you saying on my tang only a spot or two.. I took him put him in a 10 gallon for copper treatments did for about a month then put him back in I havnt had an issue yet cross fingers.

jsmith said:
I had sign of ich much like you saying on my tang only a spot or two.. I took him put him in a 10 gallon for copper treatments did for about a month then put him back in I havnt had an issue yet cross fingers.

I am starting to wonder if it was just sand stuck on him because it was gone I'n two days. My sand is so small that they kick it up all the time. Well feeding them garlic xtream and will see what happens. He is not showing like he is scratching and he is eating like a pig.

Could be the stages of the ich though.. 1 day its visible the next you wonder what you saw was real.. Might have moved internally..

Riley said:
Could be the stages of the ich though.. 1 day its visible the next you wonder what you saw was real.. Might have moved internally..

Very true. That is why I will continue to monitor. I have just never known ick to be gone In two days with no treatment. Normally it's a 5-7 day cycle. Time will tell. There is no reason for him to have it. Parameters are great. He's eating great. He is the ruler. Transfer was smooth.

Back
Top Bottom