Lion fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Soto413

Aquarium Advice Regular
Today I bought a lion fish , my daughter has been asking for this fish she absolutely loves him she even named him King ... Now my problem is I don't know what kind of LionFish it is ... Please help & any advice on him would be great too Thanks

FDL!!!! Prob one of the best fish ive bought. Make sure you only feed him 2-3 times a week. And vary the diet. They can develop gastrointestinal problems if fed too much or the same thing for extended periods

What are some things I can feed him , the guy in my LFS said give him frozen shrimp but I read online to feed him live shrimp...

Krill, silversides, squid chunks

Just keep a close eye on the size of the food. Lions will swallow anything that they think will fight in their mouthes... They can and will choke on oversized pieces

Thanks I will definitely go to the store and get something's , how should I feed him like mix it up every time I feed him?

Id prob just switch it up every feeding. You dont want to feed him too much because he could get clogged up.

How often should I feed him ? I'm still kind of new at this , I feed my other fish Brine shrimp every other day ... Should I feed him differently ?

I would personally never feed strictly brine shrimp. Ive read that they can be nutritionally empty. They are ok as a part of a bigger meal plan. I personally feed mine every other day or every third day

In my tank I have a

Clarkii Clownfish
Coral Beauty Angel
Blue Tang
FireFish
LionFish

I have Mysis shrimp & brine , would any of them eat some of the foods u named ? Or just the LionFish will eat it? Sorry for all the questions but I'm still learning everything

They will more than likely take to the foods I mentioned, except if you feed silversides, I'd directly feed the lion. Silversides are relatively expensive and are better suited for fish that gulp or have teeth. Don't worry about asking questions. It's actually better that you become as knowledgeable as possible. FDL's are very unique fish with certain needs/ restrictions. But they are an amazing fish once you get your processes down pat:)

Back
Top Bottom