Marine4Life FOWLR thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'll agree and disagree. The cheap chinese dimmable LEDs that have been raved about in these forums, I want to say taotonics, are really cheap. I'd take that shot in the knee at once rather than having to do it later after buying some other unit previously. But that's me.

Sniperhank said:
I'll agree and disagree. The cheap chinese dimmable LEDs that have been raved about in these forums, I want to say taotonics, are really cheap. I'd take that shot in the knee at once rather than having to do it later after buying some other unit previously. But that's me.

I already have a 2x t8 48" light unit running so dont need one yet i guess. But might change the bulb for more brighter light.
And i dont buy china stuff.

Just sorting out my RODI water reserve tank now. Its a 120 litre tank which will hold about 15% of my tank volume.
Is 15% water change weekly will be good enough?

image-1948896366.jpg

Thats good. I'm setting this tank in my outer house. Rodi water will store in this and inside the tank i will have a 18000 litre per hour pump which will pump this water in my main tank through 30meter hose pipe.
Would it be a bad idea to mix the salt in the rodi storing tank?
My plan is to place a heater and warm the water up to 26c then add the salt and turn on the powerhead. Once its reading the same salinity level then transfer it to my main tank.

OH...well then, dose ammonia back to 4ppm and see how long it takes to go away. If it is gone in 24 hours you are ready for your first livestock, cycle complete.

I had coraline grow in my 36 w/o any assistance by maintaining proper levels with weekly PWCs. So it is not necessary to use such products. I may try it out in my 55 now that it is up and running...but it will come on its own. Having a rock with coraline will help seed the tank and taking a toothbrush to it gently will help it spread around your tank quicker.

Sniperhank said:
I had coraline grow in my 36 w/o any assistance by maintaining proper levels with weekly PWCs. So it is not necessary to use such products. I may try it out in my 55 now that it is up and running...but it will come on its own. Having a rock with coraline will help seed the tank and taking a toothbrush to it gently will help it spread around your tank quicker.

My live rock has some already but thought i might as well use this product while i got it for free. They sell them for 20pound in shop.

One more question for you boss,
How long will it take for my dead rock to become live by seeding from my live rock?

Back
Top Bottom