More LS for my 55g

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I dont know Scott I used it when the sand was wet and it went down pretty good. Made less of a sand storm.

Hmmm, I tried that too but I had issues! LOL! Probably too narrow of PVC, on my part.

Yeah I just used PVC and even after it rinsing for almost 45 min there still a hugh white cloud..... I am scared I hope my fishes don't die..... It's Dry CaribSea Aragonite Sand again 30Lb bag for $19.99 @ Petsmart....lol

The fish should be fine.

Last edited:
I've used the pvc method and liked it because I could direct the sand where I wanted it to go. I don't think there is any way to avoid a sand storm but I wouldn't be concerned. I've never had adverse reactions with my fish and figure, the oceans aren't always calm and sand storms happen. They may not like it but it shouldn't take long to clean up.

Wow!!! With doing a PWC and then adding more dry sand a week later really clears up your water very nice....:D Will after adding only about 15LBs of sand yesterday and really upset my fish they are basking in the fresh clear water.. And looking happier than ever..... Thanks for all the post and helping me not worry about my fish dieing.....:p

Should i avoid buying the bags of LS? or do i buy 1/2 LS and 1/2 Dry CaribSea Aragonite Sand ?

It's not actually "LIVE" I would use the Dry Caribsea Aragonite Sand works alot better than the actual Live sand as they state what it is......:D

BAD NEWS: Your fish could look perfectly fine for weeks and then DIE abruptly from sand inhalation. You may have doomed them all.....

Just kidding :ROFLMAO:

Back
Top Bottom