Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Fish Only & FOWLR

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 01-09-2011, 10:43 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Activist
Upgrading from 29 gallon to 75 gallon saltwater

Help with upgrading a 29 gallon saltwater to a 75 gallon tank? What would be my first steps. I have a 29 gallon saltwater tank at the momment. 35 pounds of live rock. Few feature dusters and mushrooms. Sand starfish, hermit crabs and snails. 2 clownfish, six line, pajama, fairy basslet, and a mandarin. Oh ya a Damsel too. I won't be putting the damsel and pajama in the 75. So what should I do first can someone guide me how to transfer all this. I know I have to get more rock and sand... And also what else can I add down the road after setup and all etc.

Would I able to add more fishes to the 75 gallon in the future? Corals? Suggestions?
Thanks so much

Daylilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 11:54 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via MSN to mr_X
get another 50 pounds of live rock and put it in the 75...cycle the tank, then in about a month, move everything over. piece of cake. yes, you will be able to add fish and corals to the 75 if you have enough lighting to support the corals and the fish are the correct species that will thrive in that size tank. don't buy anything that will compete with the mandarin for food (wrasses, copperband butterfly, etc.).
mr_X is offline   Reply With Quote

29 gallon, 5 gallon, 75 gallon, salt, saltwater, upgrading

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com