Upgrading from 29 gallon to 75 gallon saltwater

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Daylilly

Aquarium Advice Activist
Help with upgrading a 29 gallon saltwater to a 75 gallon tank? What would be my first steps. I have a 29 gallon saltwater tank at the momment. 35 pounds of live rock. Few feature dusters and mushrooms. Sand starfish, hermit crabs and snails. 2 clownfish, six line, pajama, fairy basslet, and a mandarin. Oh ya a Damsel too. I won't be putting the damsel and pajama in the 75. So what should I do first can someone guide me how to transfer all this. I know I have to get more rock and sand... And also what else can I add down the road after setup and all etc.

Would I able to add more fishes to the 75 gallon in the future? Corals? Suggestions?
Thanks so much

get another 50 pounds of live rock and put it in the 75...cycle the tank, then in about a month, move everything over. piece of cake. yes, you will be able to add fish and corals to the 75 if you have enough lighting to support the corals and the fish are the correct species that will thrive in that size tank. don't buy anything that will compete with the mandarin for food (wrasses, copperband butterfly, etc.).

Back
Top Bottom