Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Member Introductions
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 03-01-2014, 03:03 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Newbie

Angel fish bred in community tank

Afternoon all, I have a slight issue I'm hoping someone might have a suggestion. I have a 125g tank and my angel fish have paired off and laid eggs on a plant. I've been working long hours and didn't notice until last night. I have no idea how long ago they were laid. Their guarding them keeping the other fish on the other side of the tank. I have a 55g but I haven't set it up yet. Do I just fill it up from the water in the community tank and move them, or just leave them be until they hatch? I have a 10g setup for the Frye once they do hatch. any suggestions quickly?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	WIN_20140301_141337.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	256.8 KB
ID:	225321   Click image for larger version

Name:	WIN_20140301_141347.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	256.9 KB
ID:	225322  

Old 03-01-2014, 03:45 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice FINatic

I would move them immediately to the 55 gallon. Fry will be hard to catch if they are in the community tank and may get eaten even before you get to them. If you age the water overnight with an airstone, you can use 100% tap. What is your PH and hardness of your water? If Angels are like discus, the fry like RO water. An Angels expert will chime in soon.

Berylla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2014, 07:15 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Newbie

I could just move the plant that has the eggs on them to my 10g tank I already have setup. I have baby swordtails but I can use my divider to separate them. The parents don't need to be move right? This would give me time to setup my 55g correctly. Does anyone see an issue with this approach I might not have thought about?
Old 03-01-2014, 08:54 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice Addict
Community Moderator

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freshwaterking View Post
I could just move the plant that has the eggs on them to my 10g tank I already have setup. I have baby swordtails but I can use my divider to separate them. The parents don't need to be move right? This would give me time to setup my 55g correctly. Does anyone see an issue with this approach I might not have thought about?
I am still learning about the breeding, but you should move them and put up a divider, also they will need very clean water and a good flow of water over them. Also people generally use Methyl Blue, so they don't get fungus.

You will also need to know what you are going to feed them, on person on the forum uses boiled egg yolk. You will maybe need baby Brine Shrimp too. Cover intake filter tube so they don't get sucked up. And or use sponge filter.

this thread is HUGE, but also has great info, and help.
Wigglers At Last!!!!!
The wigglers/swimmers would usually be eaten by the community fish.

New to FW fish? First tank in a long time or EVER??? Need some info on keeping fish?
Start here - Aquarium Advice Article https://www.aquariumadvice.com/guide...ater-aquarium/

Community Rules
https://www.aquariumadvice.com/forum...ork&page=rules

FW & SW
Favorite tank right now -12G PRL Shrimp
Autumnsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2014, 09:00 PM   #5
Aquarium Advice Addict
Community Moderator

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

Oops wrong button!

New to FW fish? First tank in a long time or EVER??? Need some info on keeping fish?
Start here - Aquarium Advice Article https://www.aquariumadvice.com/guide...ater-aquarium/

Community Rules
https://www.aquariumadvice.com/forum...ork&page=rules

FW & SW
Favorite tank right now -12G PRL Shrimp
Autumnsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2014, 10:57 PM   #6
Aquarium Advice FINatic

methylene blue will kill good bacteria so only use when you take out the filter media. Visit Angelsplus.com and call the number. They are angel breeders for year and sell all the related stuff. They will be able to help you.

Berylla is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fish, tank, angel, community tank, community, angel fish, unit, tan

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com