New here

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rob734

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hey I'm rob I'm new here and would like to get to know people and gain as well as give tips and advice on caring for fish I have an albino Oscar and an red Oscar both 2 1/2 in. in a 55 gal just got them two days ago they just sit at the bottom of the tank behind plants I don't know what's wrong with them they seem heathy they eat a little, any advice would be cool thanx

:welcome:

Oscars like to sulk when they're new to a tank. Or when they don't like the decor, or food or something, anything. Oscars can be big drama queens. it takes fish a few days to get used to their surroundings, so I wouldn't worry about it yet.

Now, it can also be something else:

How long has the tank been set up?

Did you let it cycle? (that does not mean fill and let the filter run for a day, it mean letting the beneficial bacteria build up)

Do you have a test kit and can get the water parameters?

My tank has been set up for months now so the ecosystem is great I recently had a piranha and a Cichlid about 3 1/2 in. Divided in my 55 gal which died of ich I fully cleaned the tank also changed the filters and I haven't checked the ph, nitrite or nitrate yet that may have something to do with it also maybe they just have to get use to theyre new tank but I'll keep u all updated on what's goin on

Rob734 said:
My tank has been set up for months now so the ecosystem is great I recently had a piranha and a Cichlid about 3 1/2 in. Divided in my 55 gal which died of ich I fully cleaned the tank also changed the filters and I haven't checked the ph, nitrite or nitrate yet that may have something to do with it also maybe they just have to get use to theyre new tank but I'll keep u all updated on what's goin on

Hi and welcome.
If you cleaned your tank and changed your filter you are likely cycling or mini cycling. Its a good idea to check your ammonia, nitrite, nitrate and pH ASAP and do a large PWC (partial water change) with a dechlorinator if the ammonia or nitrite is over 0.25ppm and the nitrate is over 20ppm.

Thanx sweetie I sure will and I'll get back with you with updates

Back
Top Bottom