Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > General Hardware/Equipment Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 09-08-2011, 03:30 PM   #141
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

The question is what don't I have on my list. It's gonna be hard to decide as I know I can't afford everything I want.

So far I know I need filter socks, maybe a gfo/carbon reactor and the media, test kits, NLS food and maybe an ATO and a dosing pump. Thats just for starters....LOL Gotta see how cheap they go to decide on anything.

Old 09-08-2011, 04:26 PM   #142
SW REEF 18+ YEARS
Community Admin

Tank of the Month Award

Merged with original thread.

SITE ADMINISTRATOR

You can view many of my fish and corals in my photo albums in my profile.

View my tank

AA Community Rules|AA TOS

Forums 101 - posting, accounts, basics
melosu58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 07:49 PM   #143
Aquarium Advice Freak

Just pm'd you. Hopefully not too late. Already filling up wishlist.
Old 09-08-2011, 07:53 PM   #144
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Got you added. Anyone else before I start printing out the forms and sending out the last emails for confirmation?

Going once.....Going twice...... LOL
Old 09-08-2011, 07:56 PM   #145
Aquarium Advice Addict

cant wait! im really annoyed with 15 characters lol
Old 09-08-2011, 09:50 PM   #146
Aquarium Advice Addict

How do you know if you need or can use a GFO / Carbon reactor, or dosing pumps?

Does it really depend on how well your parameters are?

I've decided to DIY the sump I have now into a refugium before spending another $175 on the Aqeon version.

So now I'm looking at other options. An ATO for me is overkill - I only go through 1.5 gallons a week, so I can handle that.

Have no clue whether I need a GFO or Carbon reactor or both, and same with Dosing pumps - don't think I've gotten that far yet?

Do know that I wanna get lights - even if I wait to change them out. Also some NLS food, but now what else?
Old 09-08-2011, 09:56 PM   #147
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

If you like carbon, i do personally, then reactor is a good thing. As far as a phosphate reactor it depends on if you run GFO for phosphate control. If you have an issue with high phosphtaes then it's also a good idea.

I'm looking into dosing pumps as my alkalinity has been slowly dropping as I added more corals.

If your calcium, magnesium and alkalinity are low you might be ready for dosing, but if youre just setup I don't think youre there yet as far as need.

Just my opinion though so others feel free to chime in.
Old 09-08-2011, 11:38 PM   #148
Aquarium Advice Addict

I'm just going to wait until the next group buy. I'm pretty much going to be broke in a few days because of the corals I'm buying
Old 09-08-2011, 11:40 PM   #149
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Good enough. i suspect there will be another one coming up soon enough if the prices are good.
Old 09-09-2011, 12:03 AM   #150
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

If anyone wants in still you got a break, I didnt finish the paperwork yet so first thing in the morning I will finish it all up. I'll be up early in the morning and willc heck for any stragglers. If you want in you have til I get up in the AM. LOL

I've been busy typing in all this information so I kinda slacked off a bit. Plus the forum has been really busy tonight. hehe taking up all my time. I LOVE it!!

Tags
group, reef, supply

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com