Bulk Reef Supply Group Buy

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
watch the little videos. The double one they say actually ahs a better chance to clog . I was gonna go with the single regular one with an MJ1200.

Hadn't got that far lol :). Do you know what the Single Media Filters are for? Are they like just for extra carbon, bio, or stuff?

If it's the single one that I'm thinking of then you can run either carbon or gfo in it. Thats why its on my to buy list, so I have the option of swapping if I want.

I've put deluxe single in the cart for now, cause you can do both at the same time or just one. Though I plan on just gfo for now, it gives me the capability of both. Least that's the way I read it.

I picked up the 4lbs granular GFO. Not the most expensive one.

Holy cow this stuff is expensive. It's 59.99 regular price for one, my "discount" would be 54.00 each but only if I buy 3. Thats 150.00 for a little over 4 pounds of the HO. I figured it out and it's about 1.57 an ounce for the HO and 1.03 for the granular. So no discount on one.

Well the good news is that this should put me over the free shipping and I still gotta get a pump for it. LOL

Whoops, I lied, when I added to cart and looked, it came in at 48.00 for one. Okay I'm happier with that now. LOL.

At 176.08 for total lol. Guess I hit the free shipping after all.

Question:

Do I need to buy reagents for the Hanna Phosphate tester or does it come with them?

Dang it, I should have asked this first. Should I get a skimmer there instead first? Can't afford both skimmer a GFO/reactor.

If I go skimmer, they don't have much selection for me though. I don't wanna "upgrade" later, but if I have to then I need to make sure that I can use the one I get in another tank (that's not been started yet).

Any suggestions?

The reagants are included for i think 25 tests. i would buy them now while youre there.

As far as a skimmer, which item will you most likely get to use first? A skimmer is a sump away still unless you choose a hang on back one.

The reagants are included for i think 25 tests. i would buy them now while youre there.

As far as a skimmer, which item will you most likely get to use first? A skimmer is a sump away still unless you choose a hang on back one.

ok I'll keep them in my cart then.

Yep sump still isn't in the works yet and I do want one I can put in there. They had only one I would get which is the Reef Octopus 100 HOB if I got one. I could probably use that on the 55 once it was going but I haven't even started there and don't plan to for a long time yet.

So I'd still be okay without a skimmer til I got the sump going ya think?

Ok I'm done, pretty much at my limit.

Here's my shopping list. Anyone got anything I should change, add or delete? The add part depends on cost lol.

1 - Hanna Phosphate Checker - 49.99
1 - pk Hanna Reagents - 8.99
1 - Elos Aqua Test - Magnesium - 26.60
1 - Deluxe BRS GFO and Carbon Reactor - 42.50
1 - 1.75lbs of GFO High Capacity - 48.00
1 - Maxi Jet 1200 - 24.99

Those are the prices with discount if applicable.

Yea - Na?

Better somewhere else? orrrrrrrrrrr go for it?

Kewl Beenies - I'm gonna see what everyone else thinks too. I'll place order tonite if I'm not "missing" anything.

Gonna go off topic at my build. Ya'll. I got great news to pass. See ya there.

Bulk buy purchases

Just got back from Vegas & placed my order today. I'm hoping to get my 55 gallon tank set up within a couple of weeks and here is my list of goodies I have coming :
BRS Fiji Dry Eco Aquarium Live Rock 40 pounds
75 GPD RO/DI 5 Stage *PLUS* System
Red Sea Reef Foundation Pro Multi Test Kit (Ca, KH, Mg)
Instant Ocean Sea Salt Mix - 160 Gallon
Finnex 200W Heater with Digital Controller

Besides sand for my substrate (having trouble deciding where to buy from) I think these items will be a nice start to begin cycling.

A huge thank you to Carey for all the work that goes into something like this!

Carey, I just wanted to let you know I was planning on purchasing a new RO/DI unit from BRS however I had an unexpected expense yesterday so I will have to wait. I would be interested in a near future group buy again if you decide to start another. The unexpected expense was buying my wife a new iPhone since she dropped hers in our fish pond. It was under water about 30 minutes before we could retrieve it. I was teasing her when she tried calling her phone to find it. I asked her if the fish answered. Lol

Back
Top Bottom