Bulk Reef Supply Group Buy

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
My budget was very limited so I was hoping to get the lamps for my DIY 6 lamp fixture. Unfortunately, the savings would have only amounted to about 10 bucks which wouldn't cover the shipping so I decided just to buy a lamp at a time locally while I finish building the fixture. That way I can spread the cost out a bit. :)

I haven't placed my order yet, but because I don't get my fish money until after the 15th. I'll report back then :)

Thanks so far guys, I appreciate your time in reporting back. :)

I'm on the hunt for new and better deals elsewhere.

Keep the opinions flowing, I know we had quite a few people who signed up so wanna see what made you buy or made you not buy, thats very useful information. It will help negotiate a better deal next time we try something like this.

Even though I didn't buy anything, I want you know how much I appreciate the work you put in Carey. :) Top Notch in my book.

Thanks, it gave me something to do other than fish research and shop. LOL

I'm very detail oriented, I used to work in the finance field so I'm very good with organizing and keeping numbers. :)

I also am home all day which gives me a perfect time to get a hold of retailers and time to do the all that's necessary. :)

Will work on some new ideas today.

I haven't had a chance to do my official shopping yet. Last night I didn't get home till late and went strait to bed and tonight I'm going to a concert,.. So hopefully tomorrow will be the day! But I'm tentatively planning on getting a protein skimmer so I'm pretty sure that will give me free shipping and if so then I will also get other odds and ends like a bulb, heater, and possibly power heads (although it sounds like a lot of the powerheads are out of stock..). So I'm just waiting till I have enough time to get on the computer, check it all out, and then decide.

Seems a lot of their items are out of stock. The Reef Octopus Extreme 8 Inch XS200 skimmer i wanted had been out of stock for almost two weeks. I did however find it on aquariumguys.com for less than the group buy price at BRS. Anyone have any experience with aquariumguys.com?

I think in general we should have done a little more research and id say this is a overly disappointing group buy pricing. Its slightly upsetting to know that carey got 25 people together for this group buy and the majority of people are finding the exact same products cheaper on other sites, and in stock. Im disappointed with BRS. And carey you did an absolute amazing job coordinating this and please don't think my comments are aimed at you or even include you, because they surely don't:) im speaking strictly of the group-buy pricing and BRS'S handling of it

It worked for some, for some it didn't, well most people it didn't. I think we needed just a little more price decrease or a free shipping option. That would have sold alot more gear.

In the future that is for sure a consideration we will make before proceeding with another group buy. Me personally it worked out very well for, I wish everyone had had that luck. Just the right place at the right time is what we need to happen for more satisfied members.

You guys are gonna hate me. I'm still in shock myself. Have any of you guys seen BRS's free order or free prize giveaway? It's on their home page and if you signed up you get the winners in an email. I thought it was a scam, but it's not. People do win.

I have never won anything in my life. Never ever. This is a first for me.

I hope you guys don't feel bad, maybe one of you guys won the free prize for this upcoming week.

I mean really, how many people can they have in competition for two weekly prizes?

Good luck, I hope one of you also wins!

Why would we hate you? After all, you did all the leg work for us so if anyone deserved to win something it would be you. BUT...... You failed to tell us what you won. LOL

My order was free. No money. Getting a credit back for everything I bought. Kinda wish i had gotten the hanna checkers but thats being greedy.

I was just now thinking that. LOL Or get the reactor i wanted. The group buy is still good through Sunday night I believe.

Or i could use that credit back on my charge card to buy some base rock for the 90g. :) Or the checkers. Oh, I'm so torn. LOL

I am so absolutely thankful, this couldn't come at a better time for me.

My order was free. No money. Getting a credit back for everything I bought. Kinda wish i had gotten the hanna checkers but thats being greedy.

Holy Cow!!!!! Your right, I hate you. LOL No I don't. I am happy for you. Man, too bad you didn't clean out the place. LOL Happy for you Carey.(y)

Thanks! I'm still so shocked. If I had more credit on the card I used I would have bought much more. LOL

This will do just fine. I got all my goodies for free, and the light bulb replacement for the 125's 12! bulbs ended up costing me $60 instead of $250. So I;m happy all around

You guys are gonna hate me. I'm still in shock myself. Have any of you guys seen BRS's free order or free prize giveaway? It's on their home page and if you signed up you get the winners in an email. I thought it was a scam, but it's not. People do win.

I have never won anything in my life. Never ever. This is a first for me.

I hope you guys don't feel bad, maybe one of you guys won the free prize for this upcoming week.

I mean really, how many people can they have in competition for two weekly prizes?

Good luck, I hope one of you also wins!

Nope can't hate you. And yes I did see the free order and prize giveaway. I signed up for them also. I haven't decided if I'm going to order yet. I only have the Hanna Checker for Phosphate on it. Should I look at ordering pH down or something like that? I was looking at HOB Refugium, and/or skimmer something is holding me back on those. I'm still debating on going to Diver's Den and get more corals so I have a reason to dose LOL.

I've been....yep....you got it busy today. My laptop is totally screwed up. Am being careful on everything as I can't get anything including virus protection to install. So email me if anything comes up, I'll be checking email on my phone.

Back
Top Bottom