Bulk Reef Supply Group Buy

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Oops sorry didnt know the giant wall that holds water and spelled differently was a bad word....sowie!!!!

I like reefcleaners. But I haven't tried the BRS stuff.

So what I'm gonna buy total $178 so free shipping. And it's UPS ground for shipping so 3 days at most.

I'm gonna get the new ATI bulbs, 6 aquablue specials and 2 purple pluses. Some filter socks and some reef gel. LOL

Not a huge amount but I'm saving about $20 bucks on the bulbs which is $20 bucks in my pocket. :)

Carey,

They've got the Hydor Koralia Evolution 1400 @ $55 each. I've got a 125g tank up and coming. Think two of these would be good, or do you recommend i get different pumps for my system?

AND I forgot to mention, there was a $5 gify coupon useable for only 24 hours that I got yesterday afternoon so I got an extra $5 off. Extra bit can't hurt.

I also got a thing of soda ash so I can start dosing my tank for alkalinity. Really needed that bad and it was cheaper. :)

All in all though I think I'm about 40% pleased with the whole deal. There's alot of room for improvement though.

Got my confirmation email for the order within minutes from ordering. Just got my shipping notification with tracking number though UPS.

So far so good.

:)

Agreed carey. Deals were ok; nothing great. Was hoping to get something off of the T5 fixtures. I think I may just forget the t5's and go fowlr.

Reef octopus skimmer was a great deal - 6" was one I saw like $40 off... Not bad!

I managed to do pretty well. I didn't realize shipping was so expensive though since mine was free. They are a bit pricey on the shipping. Also kinda upset they were out of stock on the XM metal halide bulb I was gonna buy. :-(

at least I wasn't the only one who got something. :)

Anyone else find anything they needed a save a buck or two?

I would like some input to see how many people participated and maybe tell us what you bought if you want. Or just let me know if you got anything.

I'd like to know what it was you didnt like as well, maybe we can investigate further if we were to another one. Like if we can get xx people we get free shipping cause I believe their shipping was kinda high.

I also would like the feedback to see if maybe I can start inquiring around among other retailers and see if we can get a guaranteed head count if we can get a percentage off, this time for a fish retailer or even another supply front.

Sooo, if you can let me know what your thoughts are and maybe if you'd be interested in trying to get a deal with others for the future I can get to work.

Thanks everyone who participated, you all did great in giving me quick accurate information made my job so much easier. LOL

Seemed like cheesy deals... Nothing big was really on sale... It was cheaper for me to get my setup from aquacave... Maybe we should go with them next time... Or saltwater.com?

Now that you mention it I have something brewing with aquacave so I'll report back when I know something concrete. But it won't be anything huge, but I think something.

Well, I will tell you my experience.

In my wishlist I had:
  • Octopus skimmer
  • Hanna checker - Phosphate
  • API lights
    • Specials
    • Blue Plus
  • Refractometer
  • NLS food
  • Aqueon Proflex Sump
The skimmer was around $20 off, and was a good deal, but unfortunately for me, something else came up, so the big ticket was a no go.

The Hanna, from what I saw, had no discount.

The lights were $2 off, not bad at all.
Refractomer was $4 off, still not as cheap as ebay.
NLS - no discount
Sump - $199 regular to $195 with discount - Amazon has it for $175 with free shipping.

That being said, out of all of it, the lights were the best and nearly only deal other than skimmer. However, with shipping, they actually cost more than I can get them locally.

So for me this time - it was a no-go. There is a good possiblity however, that if we do another in the future the skimmer would be a good bargain. Aquacaves price is the same at 179.99, compared to $162 with Group buy.

Thanks so much again for getting the stuff together.

I like reefcleaners. But I haven't tried the BRS stuff.

So what I'm gonna buy total $178 so free shipping. And it's UPS ground for shipping so 3 days at most.

I'm gonna get the new ATI bulbs, 6 aquablue specials and 2 purple pluses. Some filter socks and some reef gel. LOL

Not a huge amount but I'm saving about $20 bucks on the bulbs which is $20 bucks in my pocket. :)

I was looking at 54W-48In Pure Actinic Giesemann D&D Powerchrom T5 Bulbs - just one and was gonna take out one white and put this in it's place. What do you think? (I want a purple-ish hue somehow).

So far I've got the Hanna Phospate Checker in my cart since it appears to be the same price in other places.

Magnesium is out of stock and a few cents difference between discount and other "regular" prices.

I'm not going to spend 175.00 for the free shipping. And right now first class mail is $3.56 for the one item (so I may not buy anything at this point).

So IMHO, I'm not really seeing much to make this group buy "a gotta get in on" kinda deal. 5% off some, 10% off others and can't buy what's out of stock.

I also notice on their quick overview for the Salifert Strontium Test (which is $5.00 cheaper) it says "The Salifert Phosphate Test Kit contains 60 tests." And they do not give very good descriptions on alot of items, just the very basics. I don't want to buy something $200.00 and not even have a link to a product manual, or manufacturer to get more info on.

Sorry so negative but I just don't feel we really got "a deal". Even thought something is cheaper there and more expensive at another site, the opposite is true also where BRS is more expensive than other sites, so for me it's 6 of one and half dozen of the the other.

Hope this makes sense and doesn't tick anyone off,,,,,,,again this is just IMHO.

Lol **** the fine priny...lol. what rock is better...reef cleaner or brs?

I bought Reef Cleaner and really like it.

I got my octopus skimmer and mag test kit...

So you're the one who stole the last mag test lmao. I looked to put it in cart, went and compared to another site, came back and was outta stock. LOL :)

Seemed like cheesy deals... Nothing big was really on sale... It was cheaper for me to get my setup from aquacave... Maybe we should go with them next time... Or saltwater.com?

I wouldn't try this one again til....a-more accurate info of products on web site, 2. better deal for group, whether it be price matching, discounts and or shipping, c. having enough in stock to allow group deals

BfishLpond78 said:
Has anyone gotten base rock from brs before?

I did for my 10g nano. It was the best rock I've ever had but was a bit expensive with shipping. It's super easy to stack with and you can make caves easily only took me 5 mins to scape but if you want something almost as good but cheaper then I'd go with reefcleaners.

Back
Top Bottom