Bulk Reef Supply Group Buy

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ok guys i know this is off topic, anyone who could give me an answer on this one, i would appreciate it. :)

I just got my biocube and currently cycling it with dead shrimp. Dry Live Rock "REEF SAVER/PUKANI" are some of the things I'll be buying tomorrow. If I put the dry live rock in the tank thats in the midst of cycling will it lengthen the cycling period?

is that a good thing? also is it a big deal to correct my salinity parameters even while cycling?

what is your salinity at? You can usually correct it quite easily. i woudlnt be doing huge swings though...

its 1.021. i was just curious if the salinity does a big part in the cycling process.

Not really, I would just do your top offs with salt water and it will fix itself in a few days.

We'll see how cheap the koralias are, might get a set of backups. I plan on using my 750's in the 90g.
:)

kwaenz said:
Ok guys i know this is off topic, anyone who could give me an answer on this one, i would appreciate it. :)

I just got my biocube and currently cycling it with dead shrimp. Dry Live Rock "REEF SAVER/PUKANI" are some of the things I'll be buying tomorrow. If I put the dry live rock in the tank thats in the midst of cycling will it lengthen the cycling period?

Actually their Pukani rock isn't base so you'll have a ammonia spike.

2pm CST I was told. I was also told 12 cst as well the first time so I'll be looking for the email all morning. lol

carey said:
I don't think they sell actual wet live rock. It's all dried out.

Yep it's dry but they say themselves that it will cause a spike because it has die off. Their other doesn't.

just found this out, according to BRS "This rock does come out of the ocean and may have some dead material on it such as sponges or other critters. We strongly suggest soaking or curing the rock before use in an active aquarium. For new aquariums this may be beneficial to the initial cycle of the tank", then i guess it has some sort of dried die off w/c is good for my cycling wooh! :D

No email yet. I keep checking too. :)

I don't know how long those rocks have been out of water but maybe theres some life left in them yet. Worth a shot if thats the kind of rock you want/like.

cant wait to get my titanium heater with digital controller!!! too excited. i will FINALLY be able to take this stupid thermometer out of my tank....just floats around aimlessly and the fish play with it lol. and i may be blind Carey, but i thought there was a Hanna ph tester that BRS sold.... cant find it

Back
Top Bottom