custom made ugf

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

madchild24

Aquarium Advice Activist
i custom made a ugf out of air hose with holes drilled ever 2".
the hoses were laid out in a grid shape with a bigger hose around the outside with all the litter hoses connecting.
project cost about $20
but works way better and will fit any tank

it sounds like you could have custom made a wet/dry filter for a little more time and money and wouldnt have to worry about the issues that the ugf has. not much more money by the way... DIY corner filters would be cheaper and still do just as good if not better a job..

madchild24 said:
but works way better and will fit any tank

Works better than what?

For slightly more than $20, you could put together a decent wet/dry, or buy a reasonable powerfilter....$20 to build a UGF does not seem worth it.

I think I need to see some pictures to really get a feel for it.

I am hopeless at DIY so I am jelous of your inventiveness

Why are people even still considering UGFs? As far as I can see, they have absolutely NO benifits over HOBs, let alone canisters.

If I had a dedicated fry tank I would probably go UGF. I have an air-driven sponge but it takes up so much room.

I guess it depends on what the tank is being used for.

ok ill get the plans up later
ill explain u have large air hose and small airt hose u put the large aroud the outside of thebottom of the tank cutting it ever 2" were u cut it put in t connectors and connect small air hose to it and then to another t connector to make a grid
make sure u have 1 t cnnector left over hook ur air pump to this

it sounds like for a ugf it just might be very efficient.. Ive seen some pvc designs that were very good as well.. I didnt think about fry and growing out brine shrimp.. ugf might still have some uses..

Back
Top Bottom