20 Gal. Long (New Tank)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Miami Chad

Aquarium Advice Regular
20 Gallon Long (5 months)

Fish
5 Sunburst Platies (loss one :( 2 weeks ago) - First fish in the tank
1 Oto
2 Guppies
10 Neon Tetras - newest additions

Attachments

• FishTank_2.jpg
    FishTank_2.jpg
    123.4 KB · Views: 318
nice!! I like the driftwood!! I think you need a center piece fish, maybe a dwarf gourami!

+1 to everything. I live driftwood piece :D but you should get a centerpiece fish. Gourami are pretty good. Just make sure not too get the bigger ones. Dwarf gourami is the best choice for a community tank. Rainbows can also be a centerpiece along with other fish that really just combine everything and make the tank look great together ( if you know what I mean ). :)

Beautiful tank I love the aquascape. And along with everyone, if your up for it, a German blue ram or two would look beautiful.

I like the moss ball. For centerpiece fish, I would also use a dwarf gourami

nice!! I like the driftwood!! I think you need a center piece fish, maybe a dwarf gourami!

Thanks!!! I've been adding new additions slowly as I do not want to make a choices I would later regret. I've been looking at some different center piece fish from my LFS(I have like 5 with in two miles of my house). I thought about the dwarf gourami, very beautiful fish. Do you have any other suggestions that you can think of that would make a good center piece fish?

+1 to everything. I live driftwood piece :D but you should get a centerpiece fish. Gourami are pretty good. Just make sure not too get the bigger ones. Dwarf gourami is the best choice for a community tank. Rainbows can also be a centerpiece along with other fish that really just combine everything and make the tank look great together ( if you know what I mean ). :)

Thanks for the feedback on the center piece fish. Still working on which one I would want. This is becoming hard :fish2:

I can help you with yoir decision. If you have good water and are up for a challenge, I would absolutely go with the blue rams. They are extremely beautiful and mesmerising to watch if you have a male and female pair. They love to follow each other.But if you are still a beginner or want a less challenging fish I would bank on the dwarf gourami.

Beautiful tank I love the aquascape. And along with everyone, if your up for it, a German blue ram or two would look beautiful.

This was my first choice but I was just worried they would be to aggressive in my community tank. To tell you the truth this this has been my dilemma. I really really like the Blue Rams but I also like the other suggestions.

Gbr are actually pretty passive and gentle fish. They are only agressive if they spawn, and that agression ismainly territorial.

I can help you with yoir decision. If you have good water and are up for a challenge, I would absolutely go with the blue rams. They are extremely beautiful and mesmerising to watch if you have a male and female pair. They love to follow each other.But if you are still a beginner or want a less challenging fish I would bank on the dwarf gourami.

You've read my mind. That's the thing I'm not a beginner but not a expert. I've had 2 previous fish tanks where I've had a couple of dwarf gourami. I just was thinking about maybe a different centerpiece / challenge I guess. Thanks for the help! I change my water at minimum once a week but some times more than that is a challenge. So was just worried they are to sensitive based on readings with in the forum.

I like the moss ball. For centerpiece fish, I would also use a dwarf gourami

Thanks the only live plant that I think I could handle right now.I might get another one. My goal is to eventually make the move to all live plants just not sure yet as the tank is fairly new.

Thanks for the suggestion on the CP.

Gbr are actually pretty passive and gentle fish. They are only agressive if they spawn, and that agression ismainly territorial.

That's good to hear. Do you think I should add any decor that would help in terms of hiding places? If I where to go with a Blue Ram?

If you dont already, live plants. They are cheap, provide benefits for water. And are a great natural hiding. And if this makes any sense, have enough hiding for the fish but an equal amount of viewing for you. Just add a plant or two more and your set. Plus dont be scared of what people post on this, rams arnt that sensitive to ph. Keep an ideal range but they are more sensitive to hard/soft water. They do best in soft.

You could add some tall plants for the rams to hide in. You could use Valisnaria which is a fairly hardy plant

Amazon sword, melon sword or anubis. Those are all my favorites.

If you dont already, live plants. They are cheap, provide benefits for water. And are a great natural hiding. And if this makes any sense, have enough hiding for the fish but an equal amount of viewing for you. Just add a plant or two more and your set. Plus dont be scared of what people post on this, rams arnt that sensitive to ph. Keep an ideal range but they are more sensitive to hard/soft water. They do best in soft.

I see and understand. My current fish use the current plastic plants a lot to hide out in especially the platies. The guppies love to harass them so they hang out in the plants to get relief. Thanks for all the great suggestions hopefully I'll make the decision sometime this week as I have a pretty good selection of both fish in my area.

Amazon sword, melon sword or anubis. Those are all my favorites.

Do you have to put the co2 set up in the tank to make it work. I don't think I want to bother with that. Are the ones you recommended pretty easy to work with?

Back
Top Bottom