20 Gal. Long (New Tank)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
No no bullying. I have 2, they are either a male and a female or 2 female not sure. But they sometimes follow each other and other times they are doing there own thing in the tank.

Oh, no wonder there is no bullying. That would be awesome if they were m and f. Get some baby rams :D.

Update on my tank! After just two weeks my two Rams decided to lay eggs and have kids. Didn't realize they where getting busy but after observing my tank I realized the male hover over my drift wood after a closer look all I saw was eggs. Will take pictures in the AM.

Photos of Rams and Eggs

Attachments

• image-3089254494.jpg
    image-3089254494.jpg
    105 KB · Views: 90
  • image-2095583968.jpg
    image-2095583968.jpg
    145 KB · Views: 88
Wow. They laid lots of eggs. My rams laid half that. But mine are still juvies. How big, old are yours.

Wow. They laid lots of eggs. My rams laid half that. But mine are still juvies. How big, old are yours.

Mine are about a 1.5 inches ling not sure how old they are but I got them two weeks ago.

Do you have any advice based off your prior experience?

No, mine ate their eggs... mine are only three quarters of an inch.

Yeah, I put a flat rock where they laid eggs last, I have a fry tank set up and ready to move the eggs when they are laid and fertilized. I plan to sell them to my lfs who get ugly inbred ones. They charged about $15 each. So I bet I could get $3 a fish ;)

Yeah, I put a flat rock where they laid eggs last, I have a fry tank set up and ready to move the eggs when they are laid and fertilized. I plan to sell them to my lfs who get ugly inbred ones. They charged about $15 each. So I bet I could get $3 a fish ;)

I wish I had the choice they laid there eggs in the drift wood so it would be really hard for me to move them into another tank. It's also quiet a busy tank so I would be surprised if any made it but we will see. My LFS sells them for 5-7 depending if they are on sale.

I wish I had the choice they laid there eggs in the drift wood so it would be really hard for me to move them into another tank. It's also quiet a busy tank so I would be surprised if any made it but we will see. My LFS sells them for 5-7 depending if they are on sale.

Is it a chain? I bought one from my chain store for $6, and one from my other lfs. To avoid inbreeding. The fish chain stores sell are likely related, and idk how far down the line they are inbred.

It's from a chain but from two different batches. I know most of south Florida supply from chain store come from two different distributors.

How long does the eggs take to hatch. The rams are taking turns watch pretty cool to observe.

Not sure yet to tell you the truth.....

You could always look around the neighborhood to see if anyone has a tank. I was surprised there are two more fish tanks on my street. And some of my neighbors I dont talk to much to know if they do. Ask around, post on craigslist, anything really. But two is the limit for a twenty gal.

Yeah I wasn't planing to keep them might sell them privately if any live or sell them to a LFS. Trying to convince my mom to get a tank as she use to keep angel fish.

Back
Top Bottom