55 gallon with driftwood

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Deckape

Aquarium Advice Addict
I just put in this nice driftwood. I am going to attach some java ferns next week. Go big or go home, as I have been told. Let me know your thoughts.

Wayne

Last edited:
I forgot the picture...ooops

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20110902_092913.jpg
    ForumRunner_20110902_092913.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 479
Hopefully this is better...

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20110902_093121.jpg
    ForumRunner_20110902_093121.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 411
Thanks Jeta. You all have motivated me to get rid of the fake stuff! Thanks for all the advice!

I love driftwood that angles upwards to the top of the tank. It adds such dimension and depth. I had my wood like that and my amano shrimp would always climb to the highest point and hang out, like they were playing "King of the Mountain" or something. Silly shrimp. :oops:

LyndaB said:
I love driftwood that angles upwards to the top of the tank. It adds such dimension and depth. I had my wood like that and my amano shrimp would always climb to the highest point and hang out, like they were playing "King of the Mountain" or something. Silly shrimp. :oops:

I found that driftwood at the James River in Virginia. Thanks to Irene. Thank you Lynda.

jetajockey said:
I think that driftwood would look pretty wicked with moss growing on it in certain parts....

Me too, I. will have to make that happen. My marimo ball was coming apart so I opened it like an orange and tied it to the fat part on the right. I hope it'll spread. Maybe after I get a new light it will.

Nice piece Deckape! I like the different height levels and it draws the eye naturally from left to right. Nice job! Will look awesome with some plants around it!

librarygirl said:
Nice piece Deckape! I like the different height levels and it draws the eye naturally from left to right. Nice job! Will look awesome with some plants around it!

Thank you! I love it. I am getting java ferns from Jeta next week along with flagfin shiners. I will update y'all along the way.

I have plants from Eco, and most importantly :bb: , swordtails from SM and HN1. Now I am getting Java ferns and Flagfins from Jeta... Its like NATO... Well rounded and less politics. Haha

Nice piece of driftwood. I want to re-do my freshwater tank and put a nice piece of driftwood in there.

Looks good bro, don't know how I missed this thread before :)

When you get the lights set up, I can get some more Italian Vals and Rotala Indica out to you...the lfs near you has some decent plants too (though they did sell me a non-aquatic one that fort caught in a pic).

eco23 said:
Looks good bro, don't know how I missed this thread before :)

When you get the lights set up, I can get some more Italian Vals and Rotala Indica out to you...the lfs near you has some decent plants too (though they did sell me a non-aquatic one that fort caught in a pic).

It's ok. I text you... The Vals didn't make it. I need better lights. However the watersprite are multiplying. I was able to get rid of the fake breeder grasss things. In about a couple of weeks, the light will be bought. Check out the post Jeta made on Flagfin Shiners. My center piece fish will be a school of 6. Thanks everyone. You all have directly or indirectly helped this old Sailor's blood pressure.

Almost there. Got the flagfin shiners from Jetajockey. They are in perfect condition and happy in their new home. I cannot articulate how happy I am also. He hooked me up with Java Ferns and Java Moss as well. I will be tweaking the scape, after my 6 yr old daughter goes to bed. She helped me acclimate the fish, and attach the plants. That is priceless also.

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20110908_193625.jpg
    ForumRunner_20110908_193625.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 213
  • ForumRunner_20110908_193643.jpg
    ForumRunner_20110908_193643.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 218
  • ForumRunner_20110908_193656.jpg
    ForumRunner_20110908_193656.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 238
eco23 said:
Looks FANTASTIC! Where's the octopus? :)

Dude got evicted. Thanks for turning me on to real plants. Hope to show you the tank in person

jetajockey said:
it's coming together really well, subscribing and looking forward to updates.

Thanks for the quality, unique, native flagfin shiners! I am proud to have them! They will be treated very well!

Back
Top Bottom