My 15 gal

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

xigtc

Aquarium Advice Activist
I'll be housing 6 Tetras and 1 Bristlenose.

Attachments

• image-3553753164.jpg
    image-3553753164.jpg
    175.4 KB · Views: 148
I would reccomend against the pleco but the 6 tetras are nice why not do a lot of ghost shrimp or Pygmy cories for the bottom because of the plecos bioload and size.

I would reccomend against the pleco but the 6 tetras are nice why not do a lot of ghost shrimp or Pygmy cories for the bottom because of the plecos bioload and size.

A bristlenose grows only about 5inches. He's alright. :)

I thought about the shrimp but I like Plecos. I was advised if i wanted a Pleco that a Bristle nose be a good choice due to there smaller size.Plus the one I got is already 3 in

The BN pleco only grows to 4-5in. He'll be fine in a 15gal. I wouldnt add anything more than what you have tho.

Looks good tho!

The BN pleco only grows to 4-5in. He'll be fine in a 15gal. I wouldnt add anything more than what you have tho.

Looks good tho!

I would agree with this post! Good luck with your tank!

xigtc said:
I'll be housing 6 Tetras and 1 Bristlenose.

I think you might need a 2000 gallon tank,, if you're going to have a bristlenose!!maybe even a 4000 gallon tank!! : )

Shammrock said:
I think you might need a 2000 gallon tank,, if you're going to have a bristlenose!!maybe even a 4000 gallon tank!! : )

Bristle nose only grow to 4"! Plus sadly it died.

I get that certain fish need larger tanks but how many people have to say the same thing in a thread. One a bristle nose isn't a common Pleco that can grow to 2 ft in like 6 yrs. People seem to panic that it will be ginormous the next day.

I get that it's just I think they do still have a pretty big bioload and need a bigger tank than 15 gallons its not because of their 4 inch size just bioload.

I understand that as well. But that can be controlled by how much food is eaten, filter system, water changes, & amount of fish occupying the tank.

I get why people advice the larger tank. But its been mentioned once at least. This is a picture section not a dispute or discussion area.

xigtc said:
I understand that as well. But that can be controlled by how much food is eaten, filter system, water changes, & amount of fish occupying the tank.

I get why people advice the larger tank. But its been mentioned once at least. This is a picture section not a dispute or discussion area.

I was joking around!! The bristlenose would be fine in your tank!! Nice pic by the way!!

Back
Top Bottom