my first residents in my tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
rubyjess said:
evening
just sat and watched my little ones at feeding time ,and it was great to watch all the different eating habits
especially the rams who just sit and gobble the food up tasting every piece lol (like my mum used to say chew your food )
but on another note the rams and the betta seemed brilliant with each other even sitting in the same pot feeding
i was more concerned about the 2 rams at each others throats ?

Are you saying the Ram and Betta don't get along now, or the Rams are fighting? ...or the question mark might have thrown me off and everyone gets along :)

sorry i confuse myself at times lol
the betta with either ram is fine and get along ,but the 2 rams which i hope are f/m seem to dislike each other at feeding times ,wether this is a feeding thing or i have 2 males or vice versa , im pretty sure i got opposite sexes

rubyjess said:
sorry i confuse myself at times lol
the betta with either ram is fine and get along ,but the 2 rams which i hope are f/m seem to dislike each other at feeding times ,wether this is a feeding thing or i have 2 males or vice versa , im pretty sure i got opposite sexes

I researched the Bolivians a good bit before I added mine. I decided to add a single male after what I read. Supposedly they usually do fine together, but quite often 2 in the same tank simply don't like each other and will fight and bully each other. Also, I was afraid of adding a male female combo because they have the potential to become quite aggressive towards the other fish in the tank if they decide to breed. I'd just watch them and hope they start getting along, but if they get more aggressive it might be a good idea to re-home one with a friend.

Back
Top Bottom