Show me your crawfish!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yes...I never realized how cool shrimp are. They are very interesting to watch. My cherry reds came with a few pieces of live plant in the bag and all the shrimp seem to enjoy hanging out in the pieces. I was thinking about getting a moss ball and putting it in the tank.

Yes...I never realized how cool shrimp are. They are very interesting to watch. My cherry reds came with a few pieces of live plant in the bag and all the shrimp seem to enjoy hanging out in the pieces. I was thinking about getting a moss ball and putting it in the tank.

I LOVE my shrimp. They are so fun. They are always so active! And they're really good little cleaners. :)

Edit: I want a moss ball too. :) probably in the next couple weeks.

want to go tomorrow to get a moss ball but my lfs is next to the mall...
not sure I want to attempt that 2 days before Christmas...lol

want to go tomorrow to get a moss ball but my lfs is next to the mall...
not sure I want to attempt that 2 days before Christmas...lol

Don't! I'm sure your shrimp will understand. :) I wouldn't, at least. Lol.

ok...I risked it and went to my lfs. I got a nice sized one. The shrimp loved it. It was in the tank for about a minute and they swarmed it. I'll post some picks in a bit...

Here's some pics

Attachments

• shrimp 010.jpg
    shrimp 010.jpg
    143.5 KB · Views: 81
  • shrimp 012.jpg
    shrimp 012.jpg
    146 KB · Views: 91
  • shrimp 013.jpg
    shrimp 013.jpg
    142.2 KB · Views: 87
Here's some pics

Lol. You're a brave soul! I just went from Texas to Oklahoma on interstates and even they were a little crowded for as late in the day as it was! You make me excited to get one for my little shrimpies. :) glad they are loving it!

I got a gift card to my lfs for Christmas, I haven't been home and wont be until new years. I'm having a really hard time being patient. Lol!

Sad news...my big fella has either escaped or been eaten :( I can't find him anywhere in my tank and he's to big to hide that easily.

Found him...in my closet :'(

RIP big fella...had him since he was a little bitty baby

There were floating plants that he managed to use to climb out. My tank is completely sealed from past experiences but like I said my lid got left open for a day or two and he escaped.

my cray is molting again

My cray..pee wee has molted again. For those of you who have followed his story about deformed claws, I was happy to see him molt. I thought his claws would fix themselves. But now he has a bigger problem. He can't get free of his exoskeleton. His body is free but those darn claws are the problem again. His new claws are twisted up in his old claws. Can I do anything to help? It's been about 48 hours now. I would hate to lose him just because he was unable to get free of his exo... PLEASE HELP..

My cray..pee wee has molted again. For those of you who have followed his story about deformed claws, I was happy to see him molt. I thought his claws would fix themselves. But now he has a bigger problem. He can't get free of his exoskeleton. His body is free but those darn claws are the problem again. His new claws are twisted up in his old claws. Can I do anything to help? It's been about 48 hours now. I would hate to lose him just because he was unable to get free of his exo... PLEASE HELP..

You could try gently pulling the exoskeleton off. Not sure if it's safe or not. But when my leopard gecko was shedding, I'd give her a hand.

He finally got free of his exoskeleton at the cost of both his claws. He seems to be very happy without them. First time in awhile he can move freely. He is starting to turn a blue color. Very cool....

Attachments

• pee wee 002.jpg
    pee wee 002.jpg
    32.3 KB · Views: 56
Back
Top Bottom