My first saltwater tank 20g

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mebbid

Aquarium Advice Addict
Well my saltwater tank has been up and running for a few days now and I thought I'd post it online since I have managed to avoid killing everything so far. Currently I have approximately 15lbs of live rock and 25 pounds of live sand with a dual t5ho light. After my tank gets a little bit of time to mature I will try out some Zoanthids and possibly some other easy corals.

As far as my stocking list goes I have:

Firefish x1
Scooter Blenny x1
Peppermint Shrimp x2
Turbo Snail x2
Hermit Crab x2

I was told by the guy at the LFS the Scooter blenny would be an easy one for me to keep so I bought him to try it out. When I started reading up on him and learned how difficult they were to feed i got a little worried. But after seeing him happily eat some frozen mysis shrimp it shouldn't be too difficult to keep. As far as my total stocking list goes I plan on adding 2 Oscellaris Clowns and will most likely call it quits after that aside from a bigger clean up crew.

saltwater.jpg

Looks great. Hoping to get my 20g tank started soon. What are you running for filter pump, powerhead, heater, lighting, etc. what are your tank dimensions?
Cheers!

Looks great. Hoping to get my 20g tank started soon. What are you running for filter pump, powerhead, heater, lighting, etc. what are your tank dimensions?
Cheers!

The tank is 24x12x16. I am running a sponge filter with a hagen Aquaclear 301 and will be adding a few more powerheads as time goes on. With my light I am using a coralife dual T5ho fixture. I'm using an Aqueon 150 watt heater as well. I recently added a protein skimmer and within the next 2 weeks I will be adding a 10g refugium and getting rid of the sponge filter

Back
Top Bottom