My new 8 week old 55 gallon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have a thread under "members saltwater tanks" called "update of Beengirl's 55g reef". There's loads of pics there. Also have a thread under FOWLR section called "Beengirl's 30g FOWLR starts".

Beengirl said:
I have a thread under "members saltwater tanks" called "update of Beengirl's 55g reef". There's loads of pics there. Also have a thread under FOWLR section called "Beengirl's 30g FOWLR starts".

Cool. I'm gonna check them out. R u on the east or west coast ? I'm in new York and thought I was the only insomniac around here ? Lol

I'm in Michigan and work 12 hour night shifts from 7P-730A. I've been on nights a long time, so have trouble sleeping at night a lot of the time.

Well I just started looking at ur pics on members tanks. I must say ur tank is stunning. I love all the corals. I want a fowlr tank because my 12 year old son is spending so much time with me working and researching how to maintain a healthy tank, he want unusual looking fish and I agree with him. But ur tank I will show him before school later. I found a 155 bow front online for 700 with a stand and canopy brand new. I am having a hard time finding a site with bigger tanks. Can u help with that. U were a huge help on Sunday when my levels spiked so I trust ur opinion. Thanks for staying awake with me. I use to play poker online all night but now I do this. Lol

I'm a night guy too! Lol! Just jeep checking creigslist! Maybe look into building your own tank? Never know, might be the best option. Heard it isn't too hard bit never really looked into it.

Khij159753 said:
I'm a night guy too! Lol! Just jeep checking creigslist! Maybe look into building your own tank? Never know, might be the best option. Heard it isn't too hard bit never really looked into it.

I am not handy like that. I wouldnt trust my self with that. Maybe I will try to get some plans for the filtration system. MAYBE. Lol I just might leave that to the pros. Anyway I am def a night owl. I hate it most of the time. Lmao.

Khij159753 said:

Salem new Hampshire. ??? I have a condo in wolfeboro N.H. Just being nosy

mike406 said:
Salem new Hampshire. ??? I have a condo in wolfeboro N.H. Just being nosy

Nah. Salem Oregon. It's okay. I'm still waiting to find someone on here that lives near me :)

mike406 said:
I am not handy like that. I wouldnt trust my self with that. Maybe I will try to get some plans for the filtration system. MAYBE. Lol I just might leave that to the pros. Anyway I am def a night owl. I hate it most of the time. Lmao.

Just keep checking creigslist. Maybe google like 200gallon saltwater aquarium for sale and see what comes up :)

Khij159753 said:
Nah. Salem Oregon. It's okay. I'm still waiting to find someone on here that lives near me :)

Lol. Well all I see online is a 150 gallon tank. Very nice. With stand and canopy for 700 and change. Very nice though

mike406 said:
Well I just started looking at ur pics on members tanks. I must say ur tank is stunning. I love all the corals. I want a fowlr tank because my 12 year old son is spending so much time with me working and researching how to maintain a healthy tank, he want unusual looking fish and I agree with him. But ur tank I will show him before school later. I found a 155 bow front online for 700 with a stand and canopy brand new. I am having a hard time finding a site with bigger tanks. Can u help with that. U were a huge help on Sunday when my levels spiked so I trust ur opinion. Thanks for staying awake with me. I use to play poker online all night but now I do this. Lol

Thank you so much!! I've spent a lot of time (an money) on these tanks. I LOVE this hobby though!! :) If you're doing FOWLR, check out my FOWLR thread too when you have time.
I've never bought a tank that size-I WISH I had a tank that big!! I've seen some big used tanks at one of my LFS, but only 1 LFS around here's sells used tanks. If you want new, then $700 for a 155 bow with stand and canopy isn't too bad. I paid 800 for my corner bow and stand. It was a little more cuz of the specialty shape. If you don't mind used, keep checking Craigslist. I've read about some people getting crazy good deals on tanks. There's also a site called Aquabid.com. It specializes in selling new and used aquarium supplies.

This is a much better way to spend time at night than poker!!! :)

Thx. I'm gonna look now. I just found a 150 gallon rectangular with stand and canopy on amazon. Brand new for 700 to 800. It sure is nice though. I'm gonna look at the site u shared and also some nice lighting. Do u think I need led lighting or a metal halide if I'm doing fish only ? As of now I have in this tank 2 12000 k whites and 2 actinics with moon light. I like it and it was cheap toooooo.

The fantastic thing about fish only :) lights don't matter. Can have whatever lights you want to see your fish under.

That's cool. I just looked at the site been girl mentioned but they are not in my area so shipping would be not be an option. I think I can get away with a 150 and keep most of my fish wish list.

mike406 said:
That's cool. I just looked at the site been girl mentioned but they are not in my area so shipping would be not be an option. I think I can get away with a 150 and keep most of my fish wish list.

Sorry the site didn't work out for you!! It's kinda hit or miss as far as he areas. A 150g would be great!! And yeah, like Khil said, for FOWLR you can use whatever light you like. It can be an inexpensive stock light or expensive LEDs. For my FOWLR I just got the marineland LEDs, which are kinda cheap, but I wanted the moonlight. :)

Khij159753 said:
Then post a stock list on here so we can see :)

Yes!! We love stock lists here!! Lets us live vicariously through you!! :) (especially since I can only get like 1-2 more fish and then I'm done.) really gotta work on my husband letting me get a bigger tank- wouldn't one look great in the dining room??!! :)

Beengirl said:
Yes!! We love stock lists here!! Lets us live vicariously through you!! :) (especially since I can only get like 1-2 more fish and then I'm done.) really gotta work on my husband letting me get a bigger tank- wouldn't one look great in the dining room??!! :)

Got one in the bedroom yet? Love it being the first sight in the morning and at night! Bedroom for medium, livingroom for huge, and a few nanos for different rooms. Maybe 2 in the living room. Let's not forget about the reductive ;) hahaha.
And yeah if you post your list we can probably tear it apart and spit some options your way :)

Back
Top Bottom