Paul's 40 Gallon Reef

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I had to try to explain to hubby why I was making a 50 min drive one way to buy Pods & Pod food - basically microscopic things you can't see, for my little display tank. "Smile and wave boys, just smile and wave!"

So my wife got this the other day... I'll consider that a huge step in the right direction. Lol
6BQkW8A.jpg

Orchids AND corals, my favorites!!!!

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Lol. I understand completely autumnsky! SD, it's available at Walmart. I tried the coral yesterday, smells good. Nothing like a coral of course. ;)

Lol. I understand completely autumnsky! SD, it's available at Walmart. I tried the coral yesterday, smells good. Nothing like a coral of course. ;)

THAT pic is NOT a sea orchid, lol.

But, I have a person I know in our area who has a planted tank with an amazing set up above and behind the tank where the water filters up through the planter box filled with all kinds of plants and the plants roots help filter it AND one is an Orchid! But not a sea Orchid. lol ;)

I plan to wrap this stock up with a potter's leopard wrasse. It should be in Friday.
(Not my photo)
FIWRH%200213-M.jpg

Nice wrases Paul. Love those bright colors. I have been wanting a potters wrasse. I am waiting till i change over to my big tank.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

First attempt on a very low light video of tank after lights off. I used an actinic flashlight in a few shots. I plan to do a better one in the future with all the acros extended at night.
https://youtu.be/XkSM5sZXwuo

I plan to wrap this stock up with a potter's leopard wrasse. It should be in Friday.
(Not my photo)
FIWRH%200213-M.jpg

Love potters leopards. Just make sure to get a real healthy specimen. Adding it last is a good idea. My ornate can be kinda nasty to newcomers. Well so can the sailfin but it usually subsides quickly

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Cool video, Paul. I love the colors that glow under actinic only but it's so hard to capture them in pictures but you were able to get most of yours, loved the Zoas and that rainbow acan.

Cool video, Paul. I love the colors that glow under actinic only but it's so hard to capture them in pictures but you were able to get most of yours, loved the Zoas and that rainbow acan.

Thanks. Some are harder than others. The gel sheets make a world of difference.
Love potters leopards. Just make sure to get a real healthy specimen. Adding it last is a good idea. My ornate can be kinda nasty to newcomers. Well so can the sailfin but it usually subsides quickly

Only way I'll have to judge is looks. My buddy is ordering it for me. It's a "small" sized one. I figure it will be a 50/50 chance on it doing good, but I have high hope. His last one he got and sold is still doing good, and it looked good as well. Here is an actual photo he took of the last one:
mxwr8Hi.jpg

Where do you get the gel sheets? The one camera shop we had close by moved/closed about 2 years ago. I'm sure there is one around here somewhere I just need to do a search Or order online. I usually take lazy iPhone pics anyway though!

First attempt on a very low light video of tank after lights off. I used an actinic flashlight in a few shots. I plan to do a better one in the future with all the acros extended at night.
https://youtu.be/XkSM5sZXwuo

Really nice video Paul. Love all the colors under the actinics. You have a beautiful tank.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom